K2+N1MM

k6dgw
Anyone got any ideas why N1MM logger periodically puts up the "lost
comm" box when it's controlling my K2?  It reconnects automatically, and
  controls the radio just fine, only once the box comes up, I have to
manually click "OK" to get rid of it.  I'm using the KUSB adapter I got
from E'craft with my K3 to create the COM port, it comes up as COM5.
Maybe there's a way to change the polling rate?

I'm so far out of my league when it comes to stuff like this ...

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
- www.cqp.org

Re: K2+N1MM

Julius Fazekas n2wn
Fred,

What Operating System are you using? Does it work properly with the K3?

If it's a Windows OS. You can change the baud rate by going into Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Ports and find the one labeled USB (most likely name) with COM5 after it. The default baud rate is usually 9600. If I recall correctly the K2 should be 4800... Hopefully this will clear it up.

73,
Julius
n2wn
Fred Jensen wrote
Anyone got any ideas why N1MM logger periodically puts up the "lost
comm" box when it's controlling my K2?  It reconnects automatically, and
  controls the radio just fine, only once the box comes up, I have to
manually click "OK" to get rid of it.  I'm using the KUSB adapter I got
from E'craft with my K3 to create the COM port, it comes up as COM5.
Maybe there's a way to change the polling rate?

I'm so far out of my league when it comes to stuff like this ...

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
- www.cqp.org

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2        #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366
Elecraft K3/100

Re: K2+N1MM

Bill Coleman-2

On Mar 19, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:

> Anyone got any ideas why N1MM logger periodically puts up the "lost
> comm" box when it's controlling my K2?  It reconnects automatically,
> and
>  controls the radio just fine, only once the box comes up, I have to
> manually click "OK" to get rid of it.  I'm using the KUSB adapter I
> got
> from E'craft with my K3 to create the COM port, it comes up as COM5.
> Maybe there's a way to change the polling rate?
>
> I'm so far out of my league when it comes to stuff like this ...

I've seen this before, myself. I always attributed it to having a very
slow Windows machine running something that interferes with the
polling of the K2.

I think there's an N1MM setting to change the polling rate. Seems like
there's an N1MM setting for everything....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901