K2: RFC11

Linden, Mike (BRC-Hes)
  I'm looking for input on the winding and installation of toroid RFC11
which mounts underneath the K2's RF board. Assuming I wind RFC11 such that
85% of the toroid is used, I don't see how it can "easily" be secured by the
leads given the location of the lead holes. How has this worked out for
folks who have built their K2s?

  Thanks, Michael  N9BDF
  K2 SN #4137

PS  The "Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Consistency Act" (HR 1478)
and the "Amateur Radio Spectrum Protection Act" (HR 713 & S. 537) are in
Congress. Please contact your Congressmen to ask for their support of these
bills! See the following ARRL link for details:
http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/ <http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/>

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: K2: RFC11

Don Brown-4
Hi

I use a small square of double stick foam tape for RFC11 and T2 in the transmitter. This tape is about 1/16 inch thick so it works on T2 to mount it up above the board a little to improve the output on 10 meters.

Don Brown

  http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/<http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/> <http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/<http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/>>

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: K2: RFC11

Larry Makoski W2LJ

Michael,

I wound RFC11 exactly as directed by the instruction manual; and I had
no problem.  I even went downstairs and took the bottom cover off my K2
just to doublecheck.  I am in the phase of aligning the filters befoere
starting Assebly Part III of the RF board.  If you're using the proper
holes it shouldn't be a problem.

73 de Larry W2LJ - Vivat Morse! © ®

[hidden email]
http://www.qsl.net/w2lj

ARRL Lifemember  QRP ARCI #4488     NJQRP #47
FISTS #1469  QRP-L #778   FP #612  QRPp-I #759
ARS #1528,  AmQRP, CQC #746

K1 #1647  -  K2 #4090  for QRP
Icom IC-751A for QRO
Butternut HF9V and G5RV antennas