K2 sn 4900-5000 - Upgrades needed?

iw7dmh
Good morning,

I'm planning to buy a used K2 with serial numbers between 4900 and 5000.
I would like to ask what are the upgrades I need to make it equal to the current K2.

73' enzo
iw7dmh
Best 73'
Enzo, iw7dmh

Re: K2 sn 4900-5000 - Upgrades needed?

Bill W4ZV
Ciao Enzo,

The last major mod to the K2 was for S/N 4060 and above using Revision B PCB, so you should be OK with S/Ns above 4900.  There have been a few other worthwhile mods such as setting AGC level and the Magnetic Level Shielding Kit but these are not absolutely necessary for most applications.  LA3ZA has a very nice summary of most K2 mods with links here:

http://www.qslnet.de/member/la3za/K2/modAny.html

73,  Bill  W4ZV

Re: K2 sn 4900-5000 - Upgrades needed?

None,

That K2 has all the upgrades on it already.

On 6/22/2013 2:42 AM, iw7dmh wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm planning to buy a used K2 with serial numbers between 4900 and 5000.
> I would like to ask what are the upgrades I need to make it equal to the
> current K2.
>
> 73' enzo
> iw7dmh

Re: K2 sn 4900-5000 - Upgrades needed?

iw7dmh
Thank you Don,

this is great news :)
I hope that the price does not increase accordingly! :) HI

Thank also to you Bill, the link you posted is rich of useful information.

73 'enzo
iw7dmh
Best 73'
Enzo, iw7dmh