K3 3.04 Power Output After Tune

Jim - W6VAR
I updated the firmware to 3.04 last night. Today, after I tune, I get no or low power out indicated on the RF meter in SSB. Keying down momentarily restores power in SSB.

Are others experiencing this?

Jim
W6VAR K3 1644

S/N 1749 with 3.04. There is definitely something strange with the power output. I turned off the radio last night, powered up this morning, retuned (used tune) the amp for 20 mtrs and was seeing 600w out. After several contest contacts I noticed the atu was still in line and switched it out. Next SSB transmission showed power was about 90 watts from the amplifier. Turned K3 power up from 20 watts drive to 30 and amplifier output was about 300 watts. Amp is ACOM 1000.
Mike - N5WNG

Re: K3 3.04 Power Output After Tune

Dave, G4AON
Sorry guys, you are correct. There is a problem with the ATU function on
SSB in ver 3.04. After tuning with the ATU in circuit, the power is much
lower on SSB until the TUNE button outputs a full carrier. The ATU isn't
normally used here these days as my antennas are resonant.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80, f/w 3.04

Re: K3 3.04 Power Output After Tune

John E. Reiser
I'm having a problem of low power output on SSB on 40 meters.  Call for 100
watts, get 50 or less peak on LP-100 watt meter.

Reinstalled FW 3.04, calibrated K3 watt meter, calibrated TX GAIN using the
K3 utility and an OHR 100 watt dummy load.  Problem remains.

CW output is OK on all bands, albeit a bit on the low side (around 90 out
when 100 requested).

John, W2GW
K3 384

Re: K3 3.04 Power Output After Tune

George & Jan
I also experienced the low power issue.
It has improved significantly since I cleared the ATU memory using the clear
function. Too soon to know if that actually cured the problem.
George
AI4VZ