[K3] DSP Modification

W0JFR
There is an ad on eHam for K3 #1055. He says he sent it back to Elecraft and had "DSP board mod for enhanced RX/TX fidelity."

Does anyone know what he's talking about?
  - John, W0JFR

Re: DSP Modification

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

Sounds like 'specmanship' to me.  I don't know about any mod like that.

W0JFR wrote:
> There is an ad on eHam for K3 #1055. He says he sent it back to Elecraft and
> had "DSP board mod for enhanced RX/TX fidelity."
>
> Does anyone know what he's talking about?
>   - John, W0JFR

Re: DSP Modification

Bob Cunnings NW8L
A while back Wayne posted a message about such a DSP board mod on the
Yahoo Groups list:

Bob NW8L

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:
> John,
>
> Sounds like 'specmanship' to me.  I don't know about any mod like that.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR

Re: [K3] DSP Modification

W0JFR
I got the following response from the seller:

Have you considered that maybe its not listed because they don't want anyone else doing it but Elecraft?
Ask Wayne, Rene, & Eric @ Elecraft. They can tell you all about it. Also contact AD4C, he had it done to his K3. Mine maybe only the third or forth one modded. The name aptly describes the mod.

Do you really think Elecraft has secret K3 modifications?
  - John, W0JFR

W0JFR wrote
There is an ad on eHam for K3 #1055. He says he sent it back to Elecraft and had "DSP board mod for enhanced RX/TX fidelity."

Does anyone know what he's talking about?
  - John, W0JFR

Re: DSP Modification

W0JFR
I emailed the seller and this is his response:

Have you considered that maybe its not listed because they don't want
anyone else doing it but Elecraft?
Ask Wayne, Rene, & Eric @ Elecraft. They can tell you all about it. Also
contact AD4C, he had it done to his K3. Mine maybe only the third or
forth one modded. The name aptly describes the mod.

???
   - John

Don Wilhelm-4 (via Nabble) wrote:

> John,
>
> Sounds like 'specmanship' to me.  I don't know about any mod like that.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> W0JFR wrote:
>  > There is an ad on eHam for K3 #1055. He says he sent it back to
> Elecraft and
>  > had "DSP board mod for enhanced RX/TX fidelity."
>  >
>  > Does anyone know what he's talking about?
>  >   - John, W0JFR
>  >
>  >

> This email is a reply to your post @
> http://n2.nabble.com/-K3--DSP-Modification-tp2291067p2291103.html
> You can reply by email or by visting the link above.

Re: DSP Modification

Igor Sokolov-2
Since it is not on the official web site could it be reposted on this
reflector?

73, Igor UA9CDC