K3-KPA500 Pelican Case

k7zz
Does anyone have experience with which Pelican case works well for toting
the K3 and the KPA500 to a DX location?

73 de Tom (K7ZZ)

Re: K3-KPA500 Pelican Case

Radio Station
Tom -

This won't be much help, but I can say it won't fit in the Pelican 1510. I
have a Pelican 1510 I've been building up for mobile. That's the "approved
by the airlines" compartment version. If it weren't for the knobs on the
front of the K3, it and the P3 would fit fine. It's about an inch too short
in depth on the inside.

Pelican gives the inside dimensions to their cases on their site, so you
should be fine looking at those.

Lane

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Tom Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with which Pelican case works well for toting
> the K3 and the KPA500 to a DX location?
>
> 73 de Tom (K7ZZ)

Re: K3-KPA500 Pelican Case

Ralph Parker
>...which Pelican case works well for toting the K3 and the KPA500...

Depends on whether you intend to carry it on board, or give it to the
airline baggage handlers to throw around.

IMHO, if you carry a K3 on board, Rose's cases are the best.
I have yet to do research on a shipping case for either.
Let's hope the group has some practical experience.

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: K3-KPA500 Pelican Case

w0mu
The K3 just barely fits in the 1510.  If you take the carrying handle
off you would get a bit more room.  I was planning on putting my KPA500
in a separate case that the XYL will unhappily drag with her on the plane!

I see now that United is charging for overhead baggage space with a get
on the plane first upgrade.  They have gone from one of the best to an
airline I avoid.

My concern with Roses cases are the protection provided.  People are
pretty rough with the overhead storage and my legs are too long to put
anything on the floor and then cringe anytime someone walks by or needs
to get up to use the bathroom.

On 8/7/2011 11:21 AM, Lane wrote:

> Tom -
>

> This won't be much help, but I can say it won't fit in the Pelican 1510. I
> have a Pelican 1510 I've been building up for mobile. That's the "approved
> by the airlines" compartment version. If it weren't for the knobs on the
> front of the K3, it and the P3 would fit fine. It's about an inch too short
> in depth on the inside.
>

> Pelican gives the inside dimensions to their cases on their site, so you
> should be fine looking at those.
>

> Lane
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Tom Meier<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have experience with which Pelican case works well for toting
>> the K3 and the KPA500 to a DX location?
>>
>> 73 de Tom (K7ZZ)
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: K3-KPA500 Pelican Case

Rose

Hi Mike,

The DXpedition version of my cases with end caps for
the K3 or KPA500 does offer considerable protection
over the regular version.

73!
Rose - N7HKW
http://tinyurl.com/7lm3m5