K3 with P3

GW4DVB
Hi... I have a K3 with P3

When using on 40m and higher I notice that a stronger signal on the band HF and LF affect the background noise level of the band and signals in general rise and fall by up to 3 S points.

Assuming that the P3 is only displaying what comes out of the K3 I am assuming that this is a setting that needs working on within the K3

ATT = On

Pre  = Off

Has anyone else come across this and found a fix ??

Re: K3 with P3

Guy Olinger K2AV
Do you have the P3 NB on?

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 with P3

Richard Fjeld-2
As I remember, the P3 is un-affected by settings on the K3.  Nice if you
use the RF gain control, etc.

As for the signals rising and falling in S units because of a stronger
signal, I am at a loss to explain at the moment.

Dick, n0ce

On 12/12/2016 8:37 AM, GW4DVB wrote:

> Hi... I have a K3 with P3
>
> When using on 40m and higher I notice that a stronger signal on the band HF
> and LF affect the background noise level of the band and signals in general
> rise and fall by up to 3 S points.
>
> Assuming that the P3 is only displaying what comes out of the K3 I am
> assuming that this is a setting that needs working on within the K3
>
> ATT = On
>
> Pre  = Off
>
> Has anyone else come across this and found a fix ??

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 with P3

Guy Olinger K2AV
Referring to the P3 menu's NB setting. That will spread very strong signals
on the P3 display.

73, Guy K2AV

On Monday, December 12, 2016, Richard Fjeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As I remember, the P3 is un-affected by settings on the K3.  Nice if you
> use the RF gain control, etc.
>
> As for the signals rising and falling in S units because of a stronger
> signal, I am at a loss to explain at the moment.
>
> Dick, n0ce
>

> On 12/12/2016 8:37 AM, GW4DVB wrote:
> > Hi... I have a K3 with P3
> >
> > When using on 40m and higher I notice that a stronger signal on the band
> HF
> > and LF affect the background noise level of the band and signals in
> general
> > rise and fall by up to 3 S points.
> >
> > Assuming that the P3 is only displaying what comes out of the K3 I am
> > assuming that this is a setting that needs working on within the K3
> >
> > ATT = On
> >
> > Pre  = Off
> >
> > Has anyone else come across this and found a fix ??

> Post: mailto:[hidden email] <javascript:;>

> Message delivered to [hidden email] <javascript:;>

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K3 with P3

Don Wilhelm
If you have AVERAGING on, it can cause the baseline of the display to
vary with the signals in the band.