KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

David S. Mulvey
This post was updated on .
Elecraft,

Please update the list on the shipping status of the KAT500 Kit.

I know you are very busy shipping many new products, however, it has been over a month since the factory built KAT500 has been released.  Are you getting closer, do you have KAT500 kit ship date?

Thank you!

73's
David S. Mulvey N3CAQ: K3 #3788, P3 #937, KPA500 #595

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

John_N1JM
From a post of about 4 days ago, they should be starting to ship kits this week.

John N1JM

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

N0AZZ
Wouldn't you agree it will there when it arrives, they will advise you when
it ships. They told me when I ordered mine that it would be the last of Dec
or in Jan 2013 that was good enough for me. I can wait.

73,
Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

Jim Rhodes-2
I like to have as much advance notice as possible. I work away from home,
so am gone half of the time. I try to get everything shipped USPS and then
have them hold everything at the PO. However my KX3 kit sat on my front
door step for several days due to screwup at the PO so now I am wondering
about an alternative. Brown truck people will hold some things but not
others and are bad about leaving things sitting on doorstep also. Maybe get
a huge PO box and have every thing shipped there.

Jim K0XU Sent from my Xoom tablet
On Nov 20, 2012 6:43 AM, "Fred Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wouldn't you agree it will there when it arrives, they will advise you when
> it ships. They told me when I ordered mine that it would be the last of Dec
> or in Jan 2013 that was good enough for me. I can wait.
>
> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ

GI4FZD
When did you order yours Fred?
Cheers
Paul
GI4FZD

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

Jack Trampler-2
Fred, I wonder when you placed your order.  When I ordered my KAT500 kit
I wasn't told anything.  I ordered mine in July, but based on what you
were told I now know I probably won't get mine until sometime in 2013.
I don't have to be concerned if Santa will leave it under the tree.
Seriously, it would be nice to have a ballpark shipping estimate based
on which month the order was placed.

73,
Jack - N2JT

On 11/20/2012 5:54 AM, Fred Smith wrote:

> Wouldn't you agree it will there when it arrives, they will advise you when
> it ships. They told me when I ordered mine that it would be the last of Dec
> or in Jan 2013 that was good enough for me. I can wait.
>
> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We've just started shipping the KAT500 kits this week and have updated
the status page.

It will take a week or two to get a feel for our kit shipping rate.
We'll then be better able to post our shipping estimates on the status page.

73,

Eric
---
www.elecraft.com

On 11/20/2012 9:29 AM, Jack Trampler wrote:

> Fred, I wonder when you placed your order.  When I ordered my KAT500 kit
> I wasn't told anything.  I ordered mine in July, but based on what you
> were told I now know I probably won't get mine until sometime in 2013.
> I don't have to be concerned if Santa will leave it under the tree.
> Seriously, it would be nice to have a ballpark shipping estimate based
> on which month the order was placed.
>
> 73,
> Jack - N2JT
>

> On 11/20/2012 5:54 AM, Fred Smith wrote:
>> Wouldn't you agree it will there when it arrives, they will advise you when
>> it ships. They told me when I ordered mine that it would be the last of Dec
>> or in Jan 2013 that was good enough for me. I can wait.
>>
>> 73,
>> Fred/N0AZZ

Brian - K1NW
Here is the updated shipping status. Sounds close!

"We are shipping KAT500s against our backlog of orders.

KAT500-F assembled tuners orders close to being caught up. We are currently notifying orders from late September - early October that they will ship in the next 7 days.

KAT500-K kit orders started shipping Monday 11/19. We will be working through the first kit orders received  May 18-20 through at least next week. We will have more detailed status later next week as we get a feel for the weekly shipping rate.

We are shipping the Friday May 18th Dayton Hamfest KAT500-K orders first, followed by the phone orders from May 18th and then the rest of the Dayton KAT500-K orders from Sat/Sun (May 19-20th). "
Brian,  op K1NW

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

N0AZZ
Mine is an "F" model and earlier this month.

Fred/N0AZZ

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

Bill Frantz
I had very good luck asking Elecraft to delay shipping my P3 kit
until I was going to be home. I ordered it at Pacificon, told
Madelyn that I had written the request on the order form. She
added some arrows pointing at the request, and everything worked.

Thanks Madelyn!

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV

On 11/20/12 at 6:44 AM, [hidden email] (Jim Rhodes) wrote:

>I like to have as much advance notice as possible. I work away from home,
>so am gone half of the time. I try to get everything shipped USPS and then
>have them hold everything at the PO. However my KX3 kit sat on my front
>door step for several days due to screwup at the PO so now I am wondering
>about an alternative. Brown truck people will hold some things but not
>others and are bad about leaving things sitting on doorstep also. Maybe get
>a huge PO box and have every thing shipped there.

Re: KAT500 Kit Shipping Status

ke9uw
I just got and built #472. Ordered the kit in the third week of October. Works great. No problems, all the parts shipped except the wrong computer cable. But will rectify soon I imagine.
Chuck, KE9UW
Chuck, KE9UW