KFL 1-4 question

Tom Juelich
Hello Elecrafters,

I am planing to build a KFL 1-4 soon and I am just going through the parts inventory
of my kit.
I have included  as Xtal X3 18.000MHz and it is said this Xtal is for 10.0 Mhz band.
But I would like to have the 10.1 MHz band here in Europe of course.
My K1 (2 bander #1434) is set for 80kHz range.
So my question is: Do I need the other Xtal which is 18.100 Mhz (not supplied in the kit)
or can  I tune the board to my desired frequency range with that included 18.000MHz Xtal?
Many thanks for any help!
73 de Tom, DL2HRF

Re: KFL 1-4 question

Mike Morrow-3
Tom:

>I have included  as Xtal X3 18.000MHz and it is said this Xtal is for
>10.0 Mhz band.  But I would like to have the 10.1 MHz band here in
>Europe of course.
>My K1 (2 bander #1434) is set for 80kHz range.
>...Do I need the other Xtal which is 18.100 Mhz (not supplied in the kit)

Tom,

You will definitely need the 18.1 MHz crystal if you are going to use the 80
kHz VFO span option.  With an 18.0 MHz crystal at X3, your K1 will tune from
about 10.000 to 10.080 MHz.

Elecraft always includes both the 18.0 and the 18.1 MHz crystals with any
filter board or band kit for 30m.  You may want to check inventory again,
then contact Elecraft for replacement if you don't find the 18.1 MHz
crystal.  It should have been in the parts kit that you received with the
KFL1.

73,
Mike / KK5F

Re: KFL 1-4 question

Don Brown-4
Hi

The KFL1-4 should come with both crystals. Yes you will need to install the 18.1000 MHz crystal for the 10.100 MHz band and 80 KHz span.

Don Brown