KPA-500 - 40 PIN I/O RIBBON CABLE CONNECTOR

KPA-500 - 40 PIN I/O RIBBON CABLE CONNECTOR

manueldeportugal
Hello everyone,
I was just about ready to assemble the front panel, when I realized the connector on the 40 pin cable has one position blocked. If one follows the assembly manual instructions (the red cable to P1...) you cannot plug in the cable because the blockage is on the wrong side.

I would very much appreciate your help.

73 and thank you
Manuel
LU5OM
CT4IK
KPA-500 # 562

Re: KPA-500 - 40 PIN I/O RIBBON CABLE CONNECTOR

Daniel Soldan
I experienced a similar problem with my KPA500 ribbon cable.  After an unsuccessful attempt to remove the plugs, I contacted Elecraft Technical Support and the correct ribbon cable was shipped to me.

Daniel
W0OTV

Re: KPA-500 - 40 PIN I/O RIBBON CABLE CONNECTOR

Manuel,

With ribbon cables, that condition can mean that you have the two ends
swapped.
It also can mean that you have a cable with the plug in the wrong hole.

On 12/3/2011 2:47 PM, manueldeportugal wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I was just about ready to assemble the front panel, when I realized the
> connector on the 40 pin cable has one position blocked. If one follows the
> assembly manual instructions (the red cable to P1...) you cannot plug in the
> cable because the blockage is on the wrong side.
>
> I would very much appreciate your help.
>
> 73 and thank you
> Manuel
> LU5OM
> CT4IK
> KPA-500 # 562

KPA-500 - 40 PIN I/O RIBBON CABLE CONNECTOR

manueldeportugal
Thank you for all replies and suggestions. I will email Elecraft on monday and buy a new cable with the proper connectors.

I have removed the blockage and finnished assembly of the KPA-500. I would like to test it! :-)

Does any one out there uses a Kenwood TS-590S with the KPA-500? I would need the proper menu settings to use the amp, please.

I believe it is menu 53 and 54 + DRV...but I am not sure.

73
Manuel
LU5OM
CT4IK