KPA500-K arrived

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
Brown truck just showed up with my KPA500-K, which was shipped
yesterday (upside of living in CA - UPS ground gets here overnight.
Downside - sales tax). For anyone keeping track, I my order
confirmation email was sent at 1717Z on April 6th, and SN is 116.

     ~iain / N6ML

Re: KPA500-K arrived

N5GE

My kit shipped today USPS Priority Mail.  I hope to see it Monday or Tuesday.

Confirmation sent 6 Apr 2011 14:57:45.

Now, let's see.  I know my work bench is under there somewhere...

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:34:26 +0000, iain macdonnell - N6ML <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>Brown truck just showed up with my KPA500-K, which was shipped
>yesterday (upside of living in CA - UPS ground gets here overnight.
>Downside - sales tax). For anyone keeping track, I my order
>confirmation email was sent at 1717Z on April 6th, and SN is 116.
>
>     ~iain / N6ML
[snip]

#116 is alive! The build took around 4 hours, without major issue.
Missing one screw - unfortunately not a common size, so I'll have to
get one sent out, but the interlock switch is holding in place with
just one of the two screws for now.

Some fuzzy (poorly lit) pics of the build at
https://picasaweb.google.com/103976355713671908425/KPA500KitBuild

Cosmetically, there's something not 100% right with the Z-bracket -
it's almost flush with the top of the front panel, resulting in a
slight bulge in the middle of the top panel (at the front only), but
that won't do any harm in the pileups ;)

    ~iain / N6ML