KPA500 Kit #400 problems

DK2GZ
Hello

just finished the kit #400 but have someproblems:

Fan do run at all:

after 5 minute CQ I got the high temp message. I checked then the fanspeed
levels, nothing happend
Then I did same further investigation.

I checked the U3 on the power supply board. The tab should be isolated
from the srew, I get around 900 to 1200 ohm resitance with the DMM when I put
the leads on the tab and srew.

Next I checked there the fan pluged into the power supply module. Should
als be o.k. I got a 3 PIN connector an the red wire is close to the big black
 C(elko). P7 there has no wire connected.

Bandswitching with the K3 do not work on all  band:

I have the original AUX cable connected.
If I tap on the K3 or KPA500 the Band-tap the following happen:

K3                     KPA500
1.8                    1.8
3.5                    3.5
7.0                     7.0
10.1                    5.3
14                       1.8
18                       3.5
21                       7.0
24.9                    24.9
28                       28
50                      50

If I then send a single dit, then the corresponding band ist on the K3  and
the KPA500

Cannot connect the KPA500 with the utility:

using the same PC and cable as for the K3 and cannot connect the KPA

May I got a defective front panel?

73 de Harry,  DK2GZ

KPA500 Kit #400 problems

Johnny Siu
Hello Harry,

I think it is the time for you to send an email to [hidden email]

Before that, you check and re-sit all the connectors between the front panel and main body.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

從︰ "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
收件人︰ [hidden email]
傳送日期︰ 2011年09月19日 (週一) 4:16 AM
主題︰ [Elecraft] KPA500 Kit #400 problems

[...]

Re: KPA500 Kit #400 problems

Bill Steffey NY9H
had most of the same symptoms,,,,, exactly....
worked great ...went hi temp...

check the 10 wire ribbon cable .... . it was the ribbon cable with
two rows,,and
mine was offset a row....( how did I do that ?)

big clue  the fan never turned on,,,   not when i even turned off the unit ,,,,
as it is supposed to run every time you shutdown...

anyway ... hope that is what it is ... an easy "fix"

bill ny9h/3