KPA500 PWR ADJ Figures

dpopski
Lets try this again. Out of the more than 600 + KPA500 owners I would think I could get some information from more than 1 guy in Elecraft land.

Here is what I want to know.

If you have a factory assembled KPA500, what is the PWR ADJ number per band as shown in the menu under "PWR ADJ"? Since Elecraft should have calibrated the watt meter at the factory and they don't the kits, this would give me a good reference point to calibrate a kit .

If you built a kit and calibrated your watt meter with a known source, then what is the PWR ADJ number per band ?

73
David KC8IV

Re: KPA500 PWR ADJ Figures

KeithWE6R
Administrator
Start at 100 for every band.  If you were to reset the memory, it will
default to 100 on each band.
That is where we start at the factory.
Keith

On 2/10/2012 1:20 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Lets try this again. Out of the more than 600 + KPA500 owners I would think I could get some information from more than 1 guy in Elecraft land.
>
> Here is what I want to know.
>
> If you have a factory assembled KPA500, what is the PWR ADJ number per band as shown in the menu under "PWR ADJ"? Since Elecraft should have calibrated the watt meter at the factory and they don't the kits, this would give me a good reference point to calibrate a kit .
>
> If you built a kit and calibrated your watt meter with a known source, then what is the PWR ADJ number per band ?
>
> 73
> David KC8IV

Re: KPA500 PWR ADJ Figures

N5GE

David,

I don't think I would use the figures other folks suggest.  There are too many
variables involved; watt meter accuracy, the accuracy of your dummy load and
your line voltage would be the first three variables I can think of.

Elecraft can set the power adjustment at the factory, but that also doesn't take
into account the conditions at YOUR operating environment.

If you don't have a dummy load and watt meter, borrow one from a friend. Knowing
that the calibration was done in your environment will give you some
satisfaction.

73,
Tom
Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

"Only the white eyes would believe they could cut the top
off a blanket, sew it to the bottom and have a longer
blanket."

-- American Indian comment about Daylight Saving Time --