KPA500 cable

k6dgw
I see a lot of chatter about a cable for the KPA500.  I'll have mine on
my K3, I don't have a P3 or any other band decoders and the like.  Do I
need to modify my order to include a cable?

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

Re: KPA500 cable

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see a lot of chatter about a cable for the KPA500.  I'll have mine on
> my K3, I don't have a P3 or any other band decoders and the like.  Do I
> need to modify my order to include a cable?

Probably a good idea, unless you're going to fabricate your own. The
KPA500 manual describes what the cable is used for with the K3 (like
the band change buttons, band tracking (without RF sensing) and fault
detection) - it's not essential, but you are going to want to have it.
I think I'm going to build my own, using CAT5...

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

Re: KPA500 cable

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: KPA500 cable

k6dgw
On 6/15/2011 8:14 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
> Fred, the cable is NOT required. However, it does more tightly integrate the
> KPA500 with the K3 by providing more communications between the two.

  I just sent an email to [hidden email], and got a reply from the
beautiful and ever present Lisa that she had added it to my order.  I
love doing business with these folks!!  I'll have their cable, DB-xx's
are getting a little small for my eyes.