KPA500 driven by KX3 ... what output to be expected ?

KPA500 driven by KX3 ... what output to be expected ?

Enno, PF5X
Hi all,

I believe once the KX3 is shipping it would be interesting to use it with
the KPA500. Given the rel. small size of the KPA500 and its built-in PSU,
the total package may be even smaller then a KXPA100 + stand-alone PSU. Only
question, is the KPA500 usable with 10W drive, and what will be the output
of the KPA500 with that drive level (and what about its efficiency).

Enno, PF5X

Re: KPA500 driven by KX3 ... what output to be expected ?

Igor Sokolov-2
KX3 would require power supply anyway. Another approach would be to have 13v
power supply built in into KXPA100. Then this PS could be used for KX3 while
operating from the base.
BTW my Expert 1K-FA delivers 400 watts out when driven with 10 watts.

73, Igor UA9CDC
> I believe once the KX3 is shipping it would be interesting to use it with
> the KPA500. Given the rel. small size of the KPA500 and its built-in PSU,
> the total package may be even smaller then a KXPA100 + stand-alone PSU.
> Only
> question, is the KPA500 usable with 10W drive, and what will be the output
> of the KPA500 with that drive level (and what about its efficiency).
>
> Enno, PF5X

Re: KPA500 driven by KX3 ... what output to be expected ?

Robert Friess
Hello Enno,

The KPA500 will put out between 150 and 200 watts with 10 watts of drive.

Bob, N6CM