KPA500 question

greenacres113-2

Only my 2nd day using it. Operation manual  on page 8, item 4 under
transmitting says you can have two power settings per band. One  at any
power you want & one to drive the amp at the proper level. Assuming the
radio is a K3. Which it is in my case. OK how is this done? I can't find
any mention of this in the manual. Is it done in the K3 menu? Or am I
missing something?

K9IL
KPA 66

Re: KPA500 question

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
Hi r,

See the K3 firmware release notes:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

You need to have version 4.36, the accessory cable in place between
the K3 and KPA-500, and "CONFIG:PWR SET" = "PEr bAnd".

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 6:57 PM, r miles <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Only my 2nd day using it. Operation manual  on page 8, item 4 under
> transmitting says you can have two power settings per band. One  at any
> power you want & one to drive the amp at the proper level. Assuming the
> radio is a K3. Which it is in my case. OK how is this done? I can't find
> any mention of this in the manual. Is it done in the K3 menu? Or am I
> missing something?
>
> K9IL
> KPA 66

Re: KPA500 question

Ed Muns, W0YK
This feature is automatic if you have a K3 with firmware 4.35 or later and
the KPA500AUX cable connected, or equivalent.  The K3 will store its power
level with the KPA500 in Operate mode and an independent value when not in
Operate mode, i.e., Standby or power off.

Ed - W0YK

K9IL asked:
> Only my 2nd day using it. Operation manual  on page 8, item 4
> under transmitting says you can have two power settings per
> band. One  at any power you want & one to drive the amp at
> the proper level. Assuming the radio is a K3. Which it is in
> my case. OK how is this done? I can't find any mention of
> this in the manual. Is it done in the K3 menu? Or am I
> missing something?

Re: KPA500 question

Ed Muns, W0YK
Correct ... more complete than my parallel reply.

Ed - W0YK

Iain, N6ML, wrote:
> See the K3 firmware release notes:
>
> http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm
>
> You need to have version 4.36, the accessory cable in place
> between the K3 and KPA-500, and "CONFIG:PWR SET" = "PEr bAnd".

Re: KPA500 question

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.