KX-1 Sidetone Level

Jim - W6VAR
Is there a modification that can be made to add a little more attenuation to the sidetone of the KX-1? I have it set to the lowest level, but I still find it a bit loud compared to the receive signals.

Jim - W6VAR
K3, KX-1, KX-3 (Pending)

Re: KX-1 Sidetone Level

Don Wilhelm-4
Jim,

There is no mod that I am aware of, but if you want to reduce the
sidetone level, I would suggest you add a high value resistor between
the junction of C2 and R15 to ground.  Try 1 meg first - if that reduces
it too much try higher values until you are satisfied.

On 7/6/2012 12:29 PM, Jim - W6VAR wrote:

> Is there a modification that can be made to add a little more attenuation to
> the sidetone of the KX-1? I have it set to the lowest level, but I still
> find it a bit loud compared to the receive signals.
>
> Jim - W6VAR
> K3, KX-1, KX-3 (Pending)

Rod

Re: KX-1 Sidetone Level

Rod
I was kinda' disappointed with the quality and level of the sidetone myself. One simple part helps a lot.
I put a 1000pf capacitor from the junction of C2 and R15 to ground. Helps both problems a lot

Rod