KX1 #2213

John Ronan
Evening,

I just finished KX1 #2213, long overdue (I got it in June '09), but
c'est la vie. It's a bit too damp out to put up an antenna to test with.
I'll get the Auto ATU and 30/80m modules built next weekend most likely,
assuming it rains as forecast.

Anyway, I was wondering what the general consensus re the best battery
type to use? Lithium or re-chargeable?

Regards
John
EI7IG

Re: KX1 #2213

Stephen G4SJP
John

I bought some Energiser lithium cells from eBay and they just seem to last
for ever in the KX-1.  I have never been a rechargeable sort of person and
the lithium cells represent good value to me.

I am using them now in my K1.

73 Stephen G4SJP

On 31 October 2011 21:47, John Ronan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Evening,
>
> I just finished KX1 #2213, long overdue (I got it in June '09), but
> c'est la vie. It's a bit too damp out to put up an antenna to test with.
> I'll get the Auto ATU and 30/80m modules built next weekend most likely,
> assuming it rains as forecast.
>
> Anyway, I was wondering what the general consensus re the best battery
> type to use? Lithium or re-chargeable?
>
> Regards
> John
> EI7IG

Re: KX1 #2213

John,

The Lithium cells will provide good life and good voltage over that
lifetime.
Rechargable NiMh cells are nice because they can be recharged, but the
voltage from them is only 1.2 volts per cell, and they will not perform
very long before the KX1 proclaims "low voltage".
If you do use the NiMh cells, set the BAT menu parameter to 6.5 volts -
see page 62 of the manual for the recommended BAT menu settings for
various batteries.