[KX1] Key input doesnt like capacitance

Chip Stratton
I was having trouble using my Junker straight key with my KX1. There
would be an occasional stutter in the signal on contact release, and
seemingly when contact made also. This key, and I dont know if true of
all Junkers, has a coil in series with 'ground', and from ground to
'tip' is a 100 ohm resistor in series with a .1 uf capacitor. The
problem remained when the coil was bypassed, but when the RC shunt was
removed the problem was resolved.

I just thought I would put that out there in case someone has similar problems.

Chip

Moe

Re: [KX1] Key input doesnt like capacitance

Moe
Here's another happy camper with the KX1, a Hustler 6BTV over 40 radials at home and a 26 foot random wire in the field.

I'm considering a 26 foot wire on a 28 foot Jackite fiberglass pole for 20, 30, and 40 meters with a clip-on 40 foot wire at the top, run via dacron line to a tree for an inverted-L on 80 meters. We'll see.

--
Moe - AB8XA
Elecraft KX1 #2484, Fists #13020, SKCC #7460,