KX1 Kit Questions

Phil Hystad-3
Gang,

I am in the midst of putting together the KX1.  I am at the first intermission where a few resistance checks are performed.

So, in one of these tests, it says that resistance checks of all other pings of U1 (other then those explicitly measured already) should have resistance greater then 10K ohms.  Well, for almost every other pin, the resistance I measure is not only greater then 10K but greater then 2 to 4 Meg ohms.  I assume this is OK since it satisfies the constraint.  Is this a reasonable assumption?

For the D2 and D3 cathode resistance measurements I also read very high, multi Meg ohm values, for a constraint specified as > 1 K ohm.  I have made measurements with S1 open and closed per the tests.  My measurements always agree to the stated constraint (e.g. > 1 K and > 10 K) but I measure very large resistance values in the meg ohm range.  Is this reasonable?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

73, phil, K7PEH

Re: KX1 Kit Questions

KW4H
I don't rank in the super-extreme expert level with the KX1, but I've built
a few and believe that should be all fine.

73!

Steve, KW4H

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Phil Hystad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I am in the midst of putting together the KX1.  I am at the first
> intermission where a few resistance checks are performed.
>
> So, in one of these tests, it says that resistance checks of all other
> pings of U1 (other then those explicitly measured already) should have
> resistance greater then 10K ohms.  Well, for almost every other pin, the
> resistance I measure is not only greater then 10K but greater then 2 to 4
> Meg ohms.  I assume this is OK since it satisfies the constraint.  Is this a
> reasonable assumption?
>
> For the D2 and D3 cathode resistance measurements I also read very high,
> multi Meg ohm values, for a constraint specified as > 1 K ohm.  I have made
> measurements with S1 open and closed per the tests.  My measurements always
> agree to the stated constraint (e.g. > 1 K and > 10 K) but I measure very
> large resistance values in the meg ohm range.  Is this reasonable?
>
> Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH

Re: KX1 Kit Questions

  Phil,

Greater than is defined as "greater than" - it can be as high as
infinite = totally open circuit.
The manual values consider that different DMMs will read resistances
differently - particularly open circuit values.