KX1 not tuning above a threshold

Ignacy
When I tune up, say from 14005, Kx1 reaches a limit, say at 14027, and refuses to tune higher. After powering down and up everything is fine, at least for some time. Any idea why?

After power up, should KX1 be at the same freq it was powered down? Can't remember whether it did it, but now it seems to "forget".

Ignacy, NO9E

Re: KX1 not tuning above a threshold

Don Wilhelm-4
  Ignacy,

I don't have enough information to say much about your tuning problem,
but I can answer the second.
The KX1 does remember the frequency, but there is a 30 second delay
while on one frequency before it is remembered.
One way to force it to remember immediately is to do a band change.

On 10/18/2010 11:36 AM, Ignacy wrote:
> When I tune up, say from 14005, Kx1 reaches a limit, say at 14027, and
> refuses to tune higher. After powering down and up everything is fine, at
> least for some time. Any idea why?
>
> After power up, should KX1 be at the same freq it was powered down? Can't
> remember whether it did it, but now it seems to "forget".
>
> Ignacy, NO9E

Re: KX1 not tuning above a threshold

GeorgeP1111
Ignacy wrote
When I tune up, say from 14005, Kx1 reaches a limit, say at 14027, and refuses to tune higher. After powering down and up everything is fine, at least for some time. Any idea why?
Ignacy, NO9E
Mine (and I'm sure all of them) will do the same thing.  I'm still having a problem getting the "Two Button Press" timing correct and so when I push buttons 1 & 2 (Band/RIT) to change the Display to check my battery voltage sometimes it won't work..... what it will do is turn on the RIT.  In my case at least, that was the "Tuning Limit" I was seeing.

I asked about this issue a while back and the comment from Wayne I got was: "This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having an issue with 2-button combinations on the KX1. They can be pressed simultaneously ± about 200 ms in order to be considered as a combination."

Hope this helps.

de George
WD0AKZ

Re: KX1 not tuning above a threshold

KW4H
I've experienced the two-button press issue before on multiple KX1s, but in
every instance I just wasn't paying attention.  You've got to press both
buttons simultaneously, or as close to simultaneous as you can get.  Never
seen the tuning problem, I'll have to leave that one for greater minds.

73,

Steve, KW4H