KX3 #802 Question

Michael E. Califf,Sr.
After adjusting volume control on a signal, after a certain amount of time, the volume drops a significant amount.
Is this a built in feature of the KX3?? and if so,can it be changed,and if it can,why should I NOT change it???
As an after thought, I did look in the Operating Manual and could not find anything about it. So I came here.

Mecsr  MikeSr  AB7OC

Re: KX3 #802 Question

W7GJ, Lance
Hello Mike,

I am very interested in any response you get to this issue.  I wonder if it is
possibly related to some battery saving function.  I HOPE this is not an issue when
you are on mains power!   MNI TNX and VY 73, Lance

On 7/19/2012 9:01 PM, Michael E. Califf,Sr wrote:

> After adjusting volume control on a signal, after a certain amount of time, the volume drops a significant amount.
> Is this a built in feature of the KX3?? and if so,can it be changed,and if it can,why should I NOT change it???
> As an after thought, I did look in the Operating Manual and could not find anything about it. So I came here.
>
> Mecsr  MikeSr  AB7OC

Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT   59834-0073
USA
TEL: (406) 626-5728
QTH: DN27ub
Windows Messenger: [hidden email]
Skype: lanceW7GJ
2m DXCC #11/6m DXCC #815

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!

Re: KX3 #802 Question

wayne burdick
This would normally only happen if you were using the internal
speaker, listening to signals that were quite strong, continuously,
and causing the radio to hit its receive-mode current limit. In that
case it backs down AF gain as a first strategy to keep current
reasonable. If this fails it will eventually turn the radio off, on
the theory that the excess current drain is a symptom of an underlying
problem.

What's your receive-mode current drain under the following conditions:
40 m, CW mode, AF gain all the way down, backlight off, preamp off,
MENU:RX ISO = OFF, MENU:RX I/Q = OFF?

Wayne
N6KR