[KX3] Logging/rig control software and the KX3

[KX3] Logging/rig control software and the KX3

Terry Schieler
I have been told by the proverbial "trusted source" that KX3 owners will be pleased with the KX3 rig support in the 6.x versions of Ham Radio Deluxe, so I am passing that along for what it´s worth.  I have no further information than that, nor can I offer more specifics (my proverbial "trusted source" didn't trust me with them).  If you are a fan of HRD and considering a KX3 purchase I thought that comment might be of interest.

My point is just how quickly we see some of what I would call "peripheral vendors" embracing even the newest announced Elecraft products and responding quickly to them.  That speaks loads for the Elecraft reputation in the market.  And, that has not always been the case when "the other guys" released new transceiver models.

I've always found it interesting to observe how our hobby's peripheral accessory vendors "place their bets".

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with HRD or any other software company.  And, I don´t even own a KX3 :o(      YET!

Terry, WØFM

K3 #474

Re: [KX3] Logging/rig control software and the KX3

Sebastian, W4AS
Speaking of HRD, before I submit yet another bug report; do the FL1, FL2 etc. buttons in the radio pane work for anyone?  I'm using HRD version 5.22.0.02, if it works for anyone in an earlier version, I'd like to know as well.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

On May 31, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Terry Schieler wrote:

> I have been told by the proverbial "trusted source" that KX3 owners will be pleased with the KX3 rig support in the 6.x versions of Ham Radio Deluxe, so I am passing that along for what it´s worth.  I have no further information than that, nor can I offer more specifics (my proverbial "trusted source" didn't trust me with them).  If you are a fan of HRD and considering a KX3 purchase I thought that comment might be of interest.
>
> My point is just how quickly we see some of what I would call "peripheral vendors" embracing even the newest announced Elecraft products and responding quickly to them.  That speaks loads for the Elecraft reputation in the market.  And, that has not always been the case when "the other guys" released new transceiver models.
>
> I've always found it interesting to observe how our hobby's peripheral accessory vendors "place their bets".
>
> Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with HRD or any other software company.  And, I don´t even own a KX3 :o(      YET!
>

> Terry, WØFM

Re: [KX3] Logging/rig control software and the KX3

Phil Hystad-3
Sounds good.  However, supporting the KX3 after already supporting the K3 should be minimal work -- if any at all -- for HRD.  I will have to look into HRD though -- currently not a user but I am always curious.  Don't use computers very much with ham radio -- probably because I am a computer programmer and that is what I do all day long!

73, phil, K7PEH