KX3 Operating Tip: Using the KXPD3 attached paddle as a hand key

KX3 Operating Tip: Using the KXPD3 attached paddle as a hand key

wayne burdick
Administrator
The KX3's attached keyer paddle is very flexible. Normally it is
configured for right-handed use (MENU:CW KEY2 set to LEFT=DOT). You
can reverse it by setting the parameter to LEFT=DASH.

In addition, you can set the CW KEY2 parameter to HAND. In this case
both the left and right paddles will function like a hand key.

The KEY jack on the left side panel has the same feature, under
control of the CW KEY1 menu entry. You can independently set up CW
KEY1 and CW KEY2. So, for example, you could use an external hand key
at KEY while using the KXPD3 as a keyer paddle, or vice-versa.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Re: KX3 Operating Tip: Using the KXPD3 attached paddle as a hand key

stan levandowski
....turning the KXPD3 into a nice little sideswiper?  Way to go, Wayne!

73, stan WB2LQF
On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> In addition, you can set the CW KEY2 parameter to HAND. In this case
> both the left and right paddles will function like a hand key.

Re: KX3 Operating Tip: Using the KXPD3 attached paddle as a hand key

JP O'Connor
My KX3 has cooties! ;-)

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM, stan levandowski <[hidden email]>wrote:

> ....turning the KXPD3 into a nice little sideswiper?  Way to go, Wayne!
>
> 73, stan WB2LQF
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>

> > In addition, you can set the CW KEY2 parameter to HAND. In this case
> > both the left and right paddles will function like a hand key.

Re: KX3 Operating Tip: Using the KXPD3 attached paddle as a hand key

ke9uw
I would like to order a set of set screws and maybe a new top plate for my KXPD3. I put in the firm spring which works for me but had trouble with the top plate getting one of the pivot posts back in all the way...finally cleaning out the hole with a small round file.  All works great now, but a few spare parts would be good to have.
Can we expect a parts list sometime on the paddle?
Chuck, KE9UW