KX3 Options Mutually Incompatible?

Kevin Kleinfelter
In some of the YouTube videos, I've seen people point inside the case and
state, "This area is for options such as the internal antenna matcher."
 Are (any of) the options mutually exclusive?  e.g. If I get the antenna
matcher and it fills the option area, will I be unable to also install the
internal charger?

To me, the kxbc3 internal charger seems like a must-have, and I'd hate to
have to give up the kxat3 antenna matcher to get it.

TIA

Re: KX3 Options Mutually Incompatible?

Matt Zilmer
Same question and answer as earlier on this list.  Except for the
KXPA100, all options fit inside the enclosure.

It's a miracle of Elecraft modern 3-D design!

73,
matt W6NIA

On Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:26:38 -0400, you wrote:

>In some of the YouTube videos, I've seen people point inside the case and
>state, "This area is for options such as the internal antenna matcher."
> Are (any of) the options mutually exclusive?  e.g. If I get the antenna
>matcher and it fills the option area, will I be unable to also install the
>internal charger?
>
>To me, the kxbc3 internal charger seems like a must-have, and I'd hate to
>have to give up the kxat3 antenna matcher to get it.
>
>TIA
>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KX3 Options Mutually Incompatible?

Bill Gerth
Kevin,

The antenna tuner and the battery charger can both be installed in the
KX3 at the same time.  I agree, both are very desirable.  The tuner in
my KX3 is probably the best I have ever used.

73,

BILL GERTH, W4RK
Jefferson City, MO
First Licensed 1954
CWOPS #459
KX3 (S/N 112)

On Jul 15, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Kevin Kleinfelter wrote:

> In some of the YouTube videos, I've seen people point inside the
> case and
> state, "This area is for options such as the internal antenna
> matcher."
> Are (any of) the options mutually exclusive?  e.g. If I get the
> antenna
> matcher and it fills the option area, will I be unable to also
> install the
> internal charger?
>
> To me, the kxbc3 internal charger seems like a must-have, and I'd
> hate to
> have to give up the kxat3 antenna matcher to get it.
>
> TIA

Re: KX3 Options Mutually Incompatible?

Bruce Beford-2
All the internal options can fit in the KX3 together. None are mutually
exclusive.
73,
Bruce, N1RX

Re: KX3 Options Mutually Incompatible?

Tony Estep
On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Bill Gerth <[hidden email]>wrote:

> ...The tuner in my KX3 is probably the best I have ever used.

========
Boy, it is excellent. It matches in a flash, makes an imperceptible noise,
and seems to be able to accommodate any load.

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352