KX3 Order...mic

Bruce Beford-2
Wayne previously described the KX3 MH3 mic and connector (on another list)
thus:

"The mic jack is different from the other 1/8th-inch (3.5 mm)
jacks. It has 4 conductors, allowing for PTT/UP/DOWN, mic audio, and a
separate shield ground to prevent "hot mic" syndrome. The mic is full
custom, with a 4-pin right-angle plug."

-Bruce, N1RX

Steve KC8QVO wrote:
<snip>
> I am going to hold off on the mic. I will see if I can home brew one. Not
> sure what plug it takes though...

Re: KX3 Order...mic

va3bxg
Well if it total custom

I may have problem

I live in a condo and thus at night, I would like to get a headset to work the rig so I don't disturb my better half

So now it is custom will an adapter be offered?

Steve KC8QVO wrote:
<snip>
> I am going to hold off on the mic. I will see if I can home brew one. Not
> sure what plug it takes though...

a kosher ham

Re: KX3 Order...mic

Bruce Beford-2
Once the pin out of the jack is published, you could make your own adapter
for whichever headset/microphone you desire. The headphone jack is separate
from the mic jack (i.e.- there is no audio out available on just the mic
jack).
GL,
Bruce, N1RX

> I live in a condo and thus at night, I would like to get a headset to work
> the rig so I don't disturb my better half

> So now it is custom will an adapter be offered?

Re: KX3 Order...mic

John Klewer
A right angle 4 circuit 3.5mm plug is available from Mouser for around 3 bucks.

>From the manufacturer website:

4 Conductor Right Angle Stereo Plug
171-6435-EX

The only functions not supported would be up/down buttons as the Elecraft
microphone uses a resistive divider scheme (similar to YHaesu, I think) to carry
on only 4 pins. It may, of course, also be possible to integrate the divider
circuitry in your microphone (if it has up/down buttons)

John, N6AX

On Wed Dec 28 16:44 , "Bruce Beford"  sent:

>Once the pin out of the jack is published, you could make your own adapter
>for whichever headset/microphone you desire. The headphone jack is separate
>from the mic jack (i.e.- there is no audio out available on just the mic
>jack).
>GL,
>Bruce, N1RX
>
>> I live in a condo and thus at night, I would like to get a headset to work
>> the rig so I don't disturb my better half
>
>> So now it is custom will an adapter be offered?

>Post: [hidden email]

Re: KX3 Order...mic

va3bxg

CW... with my aging hands, that is not an option, so its digital that i
figure would be the best solution (with headphones on the off chance i
get some SSB)