KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Heinz Baertschi
Hi all,

As far as is known the initial version of the KX3 will be equipped with a SMA jack, providing the I.F. signal.

What about the grade of integration with the P3: Supported features/modes, communications connector/cable, concurrent
CAT operation)?

73,
Heinz  HB9BCB

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Bruce Beford-2
Hi, Heinz.

It sounds like you are mistaken about the KX3 outputs. There is no SMA "IF"
output. The SMA connector that has been shown on the drawings is for the 2M
output of the optional transverter module (still in development). There is
no output for use with the P3. It -may- be possible to devise an external
device that converts the Rx I/Q output back to RF, for use with the P3. I do
not know if Elecraft currently has such a device planned.

At initial release, the KX3 will not be compatible with the P3.

I hope this info helps.

73,
Bruce, N1RX

> As far as is known the initial version of the KX3 will be equipped with a
SMA jack, providing the I.F. signal.

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Heinz Baertschi
Bruce,

Good to know, thanks!

73,
Heinz  HB9BCB

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

k6dgw
On 12/18/2011 6:02 AM, Heinz Bärtschi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As far as is known the initial version of the KX3 will be equipped
> with a SMA jack, providing the I.F. signal.

Ummm ... I don't think so.  The KX3 is said to be direct conversion, no
1st IF, ergo no connector, SMA or otherwise.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Bob Cunnings NW8L
Very nice -- will the adapter/P3 interface be the "aux. data" port
rather than the IF port, perhaps to minimize the number of conversions
in the path? I've been wondering about possible applications for "aux.
data".

Bob NW8L