KX3 for Christmas?

Jim Low man
I was planning to buy a KX3 for myself, but the XYL surprised me in a
conversation over dinner by saying that it would be my Christmas gift.
Can't beat that!
Now, hopefully, Elecraft will be in a position to take orders by that
time, at least.

72/73 de Jim - AD6CW

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

n9nwo
KX3 web page was updated yesterday stating that ordering will be opened in December with units shipping in January and February.

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Rich Ardolino
I don't see pricing of KX3 on Elecraft web page.....any info on cost?

KX3 web page was updated yesterday stating that ordering will be opened in
December with units shipping in January and February.

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Tony Estep
I should be first on the list, I have whined the loudest.

Tony KT0NY

<http://www.qsl.net/donate.html>

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Dave KQ3T
This is what Wayne posted back in August, the estimate may have been
updated since then:

--------------------
John Westmoreland wrote:

> What is the ballpark cost for the KX3?
Our target is still $799 for the basic 160-6 meter/10 watt/all-mode
KX3 kit, less options. Slightly higher when factory assembled. Prices
were based on cost of parts in May, and everything is going up
industry-wide, so it's possible prices may change by the time we start
shipping.

73, Wayne N6KR
-------------------------------

73 and Happy Thanksgiving,
Dave KQ3T

On 11/23/2011 1:21 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I don't see pricing of KX3 on Elecraft web page.....any info on cost?

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Closer to $899 for the kit.

73, Eric

---
www.elecraft.com

On 11/23/2011 1:19 PM, Dave KQ3T wrote:

> This is what Wayne posted back in August, the estimate may have been
> updated since then:
>
> --------------------
> John Westmoreland wrote:
>

>> What is the ballpark cost for the KX3?
> Our target is still $799 for the basic 160-6 meter/10 watt/all-mode
> KX3 kit, less options. Slightly higher when factory assembled. Prices
> were based on cost of parts in May, and everything is going up
> industry-wide, so it's possible prices may change by the time we start
> shipping.
>
> 73, Wayne N6KR

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Dave KK7SS
In the video with Eric he offers and estimate of $850 - $900 for a basic unit.

> [hidden email] wrote:
>
>I don't see pricing of KX3 on Elecraft web page.....any info on cost?

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

M0XDF
Video?
73 de M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108, KX3 #???)
--
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them. -Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel laureate (1879-1955)

On 24 Nov 2011, at 17:31, Dave KK7SS wrote:

> In the video with Eric he offers and estimate of $850 - $900 for a basic unit.

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Edward R Cole
What I understood was the list was just a tool for notification.  I
would expect the announcement will be an e-mail broadcast and
purchase will be FIFO (first in first out).  So I if you are keen to
get your hands on a new KX3 keep watch on your in-basket or the
website.  Once the opening call is made it will be "Black Friday" at Elecraft!

Re: price - In the video of the interview in Dayton, Wayne mentioned
a price spread of $899-1099.  I'm hoping for the lower number as I
have finalized my "garage sale" of ham equipment and have the cash in
PayPal ready to purchase.  I am also interested in what the
accessories are priced.  I am looking at the KXFL3 filter, MH-3 mic,
and KXMM3 mobile mount in my initial purchase.  I've used the
existing prices for filters and mics as an estimate.

BTW earliest delivery is indicated late Jan and Feb. so it won't be
under the tree this year even if the KX3 is open for business.

I am eager to get mine as I have only the K3 at this point (sold my
FT-847, FT-817, and Icom V8000).

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Phil Shepard
Is information going out on some KX3 mailing list?  I thought I had
registered, but I have not seen anything.

Phil
NS7P

Re: KX3 for Christmas?

Matt Maguire
There's a yahoo discussion group for KX3:

The mailliat you joined is probably where the official announcements will be made, the yahoo group is more just informal discussion, speculation, etc., and occasionally some of the Elecraft staff chime in with some interesting technical tid-bits.

Please feel free to join the yahoo group if you are so inclined.

73, Matt VK2ACL