KX3 netbook

Re: KX3 netbook

ac0h
Could we make it stand on one leg while cooking breakfast and sing
the national anthem while we're at it? Whoops, don't want to be US
centric so lets make it capable of singing ALL national anthems.

.....It's just a little programming...right?

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H

Re: KX3 netbook

Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU
Byron N6NUL wrote
Ok, Eric, you asked for it.  Ready?  Here we go:

How about adding Bluetooth stereo audio, microphone, keyboard, and serial profiles to the KX3?
The HFPack crowd would like this to, as I opined earlier.  Stick radio in back, operate remotely from hand-held device (homebrew or commercial).

Leigh/WA5ZNU

Re: KX3 and Netbook

Dave KK7SS
My ASUS 1000HE netbook has a stereo mic input.
But no RS232 interface.
I also dual-boot Linux and WinXP.

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig   Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000
'65 Sprite - in process
'76 Midget - shared with my #4 son.
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

Re: KX3 and Netbook

wayne burdick
Administrator
There's a good chance the KX3 will come with a serial control cable
that goes straight from RS232/TTL at the KX3 end to USB at the PC end,
without an additional adapter. We're exploring this option.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Jun 2, 2011, at 5:18 PM, Dave KK7SS wrote:

> My ASUS 1000HE netbook has a stereo mic input.
> But no RS232 interface.
> I also dual-boot Linux and WinXP.
>
> --
> Dave G  KK7SS
> DN06ig   Richland, WA
>
> '59 Morris Minor 1000
> '65 Sprite - in process
> '76 Midget - shared with my #4 son.
> '06 Honda Civic Hybrid

Re: KX3 and Netbook

Jim Brown-10
On 6/2/2011 5:24 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
> There's a good chance the KX3 will come with a serial control cable
> that goes straight from RS232/TTL at the KX3 end to USB at the PC end,
> without an additional adapter. We're exploring this option.

Remember that if all you want is serial control, a simple TRS 1/8-inch
plug and jack would save panel real estate and do that just fine -- IF
it's bonded to the chassis to avoid a pin 1 problem. Doesn't provide for
CW on DTR or PTT on RTS though. :)

73, Jim K9YC

Re: KX3 and Netbook

Dave KK7SS
Oh, Frabjous Day!
Yes Please Sir, Mr Explorer

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig   Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000
'65 Sprite - in process
'76 Midget - shared with my #4 son.
'06 Honda Civic Hybrid

There's a good chance the KX3 will come with a serial control cable
that goes straight from RS232/TTL at the KX3 end to USB at the PC end,
without an additional adapter. We're exploring this option.

Re: KX3 and Netbook

pd0psb
Besides netbooks, Charles Scharlau made an excellent SDR/panadapter for Ipad/Ipod.
It's an App called iSDR.

A small IQ audio to USB adapter "dongle" would make this a nice add-on for KX3 in the field!

73
Paul
PD0PSB

12