KX3 voice recorder

Tony Estep
I'm having a great time figuring out all the ins and outs of my KX3. One
thing I haven't figured out is how to work the voice recorder. The manual
sez that it works the same as the CW recorder: hold REC, then select MSG 1
or MSG 2 and record. The CW recorder works as expected, but when I put the
KX3 in a voice mode (USB, LSB or AM) and hold REC, I get N/A. I haven't
figured out what I'm doing wrong. Anybody know?

Thanks, Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

Re: KX3 voice recorder

va3bxg

it has yet to be implemented within the firmware.

you can see what is and what is still to be done, on the elecraft website

On 12-07-05 10:56 PM, Tony Estep wrote:

> I'm having a great time figuring out all the ins and outs of my KX3. One
> thing I haven't figured out is how to work the voice recorder. The manual
> sez that it works the same as the CW recorder: hold REC, then select MSG 1
> or MSG 2 and record. The CW recorder works as expected, but when I put the
> KX3 in a voice mode (USB, LSB or AM) and hold REC, I get N/A. I haven't
> figured out what I'm doing wrong. Anybody know?
>
> Thanks, Tony KT0NY

Re: KX3 voice recorder

Nr4c
Read the ERRATA sheet.  It isn't implemented yet!

...bill nr4c

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

Re: KX3 voice recorder

wayne burdick
This is not implemented yet (see errata sheet that came with the
owner's manual).

tnx
Wayne

On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Tony Estep wrote:

> I'm having a great time figuring out all the ins and outs of my KX3.
> One
> thing I haven't figured out is how to work the voice recorder. The
> manual
> sez that it works the same as the CW recorder: hold REC, then select
> MSG 1
> or MSG 2 and record. The CW recorder works as expected, but when I
> put the
> KX3 in a voice mode (USB, LSB or AM) and hold REC, I get N/A. I
> haven't
> figured out what I'm doing wrong. Anybody know?
>
> Thanks, Tony KT0NY
>

> --
> http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

Re: KX3 voice recorder

Oliver Dröse
Any estimation when that will be finished, Wayne?

Thanks, Olli - DH8BQA

Am 06.07.2012 um 06:00 schrieb Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]>:

> This is not implemented yet (see errata sheet that came with the
> owner's manual).
>
> tnx
> Wayne
>

> On Jul 5, 2012, at 7:56 PM, Tony Estep wrote:
>
>> I'm having a great time figuring out all the ins and outs of my KX3.
>> One
>> thing I haven't figured out is how to work the voice recorder. The
>> manual
>> sez that it works the same as the CW recorder: hold REC, then select
>> MSG 1
>> or MSG 2 and record. The CW recorder works as expected, but when I
>> put the
>> KX3 in a voice mode (USB, LSB or AM) and hold REC, I get N/A. I
>> haven't
>> figured out what I'm doing wrong. Anybody know?
>>
>> Thanks, Tony KT0NY

Re: KX3 voice recorder

Lyle Johnson
It is on my DSP priority list.  I think it will probably be ready within
the next couple of months.

73,

Lyle KK7P

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Lyle Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...it will probably be ready...

=======
Thanx, Lyle. I shoulda realized it wasn't implemented, but it was late at
night and my natural instinct was/is to blame operator error for everything.

73, Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

Re: KX3 voice recorder

Oliver Dröse
Lyle,

thanks for your efforts to implement it. But a few month' sounds too long in
my ears, please hurry up. ;-)

Luckily (for Elecraft, not necessarily the customers) the data sheet notes
"Specifications ... are subject to change without notice." Thus "Built in
digital voice recorder (DVR) with two message buffers" already anounced 14
month' ago effectively means nothing and no problem with "deceptive
advertising" (tongue in cheek ;-)). Nevertheless a bit disappointing for the
moment ... so let's see the light at the end of the tunnel, please. ;-)

Good luck with the implementation & 73, Olli - DH8BQA