Looking for a KX1

nz8j
With all the talk about the KX3, I wonder if anyone is contemplating
selling their KX1, if so I would be interested. I am looking for one
that has the tuner, 80/30 meter option, paddle if possible and must be
well constructed with full power on all bands and from a non smoking
environment.. Any other accessories or options would be a plus.   If you
have something that meets these needs please send details to include
your best price shipped to zip 45324 in the first email..

Thanks and Happy New Year to all on the list.

73
Tim
NZ8J

Re: Looking for a KX1

Phillip Nichols-2
I was looking for one as well earlier - especially if someone offered a
discount as this would be going for a Kids amateur Radio Club (see WK1RK
on QRZ).

Actually, if someone donated a complete K1 - they would be just as
happy. someone gave them an MFJ cub and 9220. Neither is performing well
enough in our area for the  kids to have fun. I am going to sell some of
my own stuff and get a KX3 to replace our home QRP gear. But anyone
willing to help out these kids for their club. Check them on QRZ and
their website (to see who else has donated and what).

72/73,
Phillip    (N8AYE)
-.  ---..  .-  -.--  .
SKCC# 7040
FIST#  13390
NAQCC#  4930
QRParci# 14214

NZ8J said the following on 12/31/2011 8:57 PM:

> With all the talk about the KX3, I wonder if anyone is contemplating
> selling their KX1, if so I would be interested. I am looking for one
> that has the tuner, 80/30 meter option, paddle if possible and must be
> well constructed with full power on all bands and from a non smoking
> environment.. Any other accessories or options would be a plus.   If you
> have something that meets these needs please send details to include
> your best price shipped to zip 45324 in the first email..
>
> Thanks and Happy New Year to all on the list.
>
> 73
> Tim
> NZ8J

Re: Looking for a KX1

k6dgw
On 12/31/2011 6:48 PM, Phillip Nichols wrote:
> I was looking for one as well earlier - especially if someone offered a
> discount as this would be going for a Kids amateur Radio Club (see WK1RK
> on QRZ).

Mine's for sale.  40/30/20 w/ATU and paddle.  I'll throw in my ear buds
for free.  $1,200.  PayPal works, shipping included.

And if you get the idea I don't want to sell my KX1, congratulations,
but for enough I'd easily be tempted.  I really enjoy this little
handheld. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org

Re: Looking for a KX1

Richard-3
Well, someone's feeling their oats....
Rich
NU6T
<grin>

On 12/31/2011 7:07 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:

> On 12/31/2011 6:48 PM, Phillip Nichols wrote:
>> I was looking for one as well earlier - especially if someone offered a
>> discount as this would be going for a Kids amateur Radio Club (see WK1RK
>> on QRZ).
> Mine's for sale.  40/30/20 w/ATU and paddle.  I'll throw in my ear buds
> for free.  $1,200.  PayPal works, shipping included.
>
> And if you get the idea I don't want to sell my KX1, congratulations,
> but for enough I'd easily be tempted.  I really enjoy this little
> handheld. :-)
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
> - www.cqp.org

Re: Looking for a KX1

Phil Hystad-3
I love my KX1 with the 80/30 option and the T1 tuner.  I would not give it up for anything.  OK, I will but only for the pleasure of building the kit again.  I highly recommend that you consider the KX1 kit, it is a fun evening time task putting that together.

73, phil, K7PEH

On Dec 31, 2011, at 5:57 PM, NZ8J wrote:

> With all the talk about the KX3, I wonder if anyone is contemplating
> selling their KX1, if so I would be interested. I am looking for one
> that has the tuner, 80/30 meter option, paddle if possible and must be
> well constructed with full power on all bands and from a non smoking
> environment.. Any other accessories or options would be a plus.   If you
> have something that meets these needs please send details to include
> your best price shipped to zip 45324 in the first email..
>
> Thanks and Happy New Year to all on the list.
>
> 73
> Tim
> NZ8J

Re: Looking for a KX1

N7EDK
GM es HNY to all !!
The KX1 was my first Elecraft radio and I used it to learn (still learning) CW with. As other have stated, it's just too much fun and such a neat little radio for what it does ! I too have a KX3 on order, but for right now, I don't want to part with the little KX1 !
I also have a K2 and a K1, love them both, I'd considered parting with the K1, but for now have decided to keep the family together as we wait for the newest member !!
Can't wait for the KX3...........

73 de Ed N7EDK in Marana,AZ.

Re: Looking for a KX1

Mike Morrow-3
Ed wrote:

> I'd considered parting with the K1, but for now have decided to keep
> the family together as we wait for the newest member !!

The K1 has demonstrably better RF performance in most particulars than the
KX1 for ham band CW operation, except for size, crystal-like stability,
and audio prompts.  But even if the KX1 was on a par with the K1, the most
important advantage of the K1 has once again become apparent as the solar
cycle improves...it covers 15 meters and it does that very well!  The KX1
can *not* do that, due to DDS limitations.  When open, 15 meters is the
finest of bands for QRP operation.

I too look forward to the KX3.  But it won't replace my K1, whose receive
current consumption is one-third that of the KX3's most frugal configuration.

73,
Mike / KK5F