Memory Keyer - Dumb Question

Shane Justice
O.K.- Here's the dumb question of the decade- I have been reading
through the manual, and I can't find explicit information about CW
memory keying. First, I am assuming one needs the DVR option to make
the memory keyer function work. Is this true? Second, how does one
store what one wants in the memory? Is this only entered through the
computer interface, or can one "send" morse code in some recording
mode? ( I hereby apologize if I'm asking a dumb noob question, the
answer to which is RTFM)

Thank you, in advance, to any kind soul setting me straight!!

73,
Shane

Re: Memory Keyer - Dumb Question

Nick Kennedy
Tap the REC button, then tap a message button M1 through M4.  Send your
message with the paddle.  Tap the message number again and your message
recording has been completed.

Hey, reading the manual really *does* help.  I just found out (or
re-learned) that there are TWO banks of messages.  Switch between bank 1
and bank 2 by HOLDING REC.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU

Memory Keyer - Dumb Question

Paul Kirley
KE7TR asked:
>  I am assuming one needs the DVR option to make
the [CW] memory keyer function work. Is this true?

No.  The "V" in "DVR" stands for "Voice."  The DVR
is not necessary for CW.

>  how does one store what one wants in the memory?

Find the "CW Mode" section of the Owner's Manual.
See the "CW Message Record/Play" subsection.

73, Paul W8TM

Re: Memory Keyer - Dumb Question

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
The KDVR3 option is not required for CW memories. They come standard with the basic K3.

73,
Eric

www.elecraft.com
_..._