N6BT Antennas

John E. Reiser
Does anyone know whether Tom, N6BT is still making antennas?  Has anyone been able to contact him recently?

I e-mailed Tom five days ago to order one of his Bravo 7K verticals for my portable station, as instructed on his web site.

So far, he has not responded.

73,  John, W2GW

Re: N6BT Antennas

John Lemay
His home page says he's had lots of email problems ..........

Does anyone know whether Tom, N6BT is still making antennas?  Has anyone
been able to contact him recently?

I e-mailed Tom five days ago to order one of his Bravo 7K verticals for my
portable station, as instructed on his web site.

So far, he has not responded.

73,  John, W2GW

database 6974 (20120317) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 6974 (20120317) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: N6BT Antennas

Dick Dievendorff
I've just corresponded with him yesterday (for essentially the same reason).
He has two e-mail addresses on his web site and reported difficulty with
one, as he said at the top left of his main page that says "PLEASE  NOTE".

Try canscan7 at yahoo dot com.

73 de Dick, K6KR

Re: N6BT Antennas

KV5J
Yes use the email listed in the last post.  I am using 2 of his antennas here in Mexico. The Bravo 7KR and the Q52, both are working great here.

Keith, XE3/K5ENS

Re: N6BT Antennas

Ray Fletcher
 I am having problems too, getting a response from Tom.   Natan has been in contact with me and working with Tom to set up my order.  I sent him $350 late May via Paypal, but got no response.  I'm not sure he if he is on a trip or what, but was hoping to get his Bravo 7K by Field day to run with my K3.  Others have said he takes some time to process orders.  His web site says his E-mails are running better, but I'm not so sure.

Re: N6BT Antennas

Greg - AB7R
I would not hold your breath.  While Tom's antennas may be decent, it
seems you have to be on some special list to get a response from them.
 I have tried at least half dozen time to both email addresses and
never a response.  I gave up and chalk it up to very poor customer
service and that is not a company I want to do any business with.

73 and GL
Greg
AB7R

On 7/19/12, Ray Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I am having problems too, getting a response from Tom.   Natan has been in
> contact with me and working with Tom to set up my order.  I sent him $350
> late May via Paypal, but got no response.  I'm not sure he if he is on a
> trip or what, but was hoping to get his Bravo 7K by Field day to run with
> my
> K3.  Others have said he takes some time to process orders.  His web site
> says his E-mails are running better, but I'm not so sure.

Re: N6BT Antennas

David Gilbert

Just for grins, I once did a fairly large informal survey of a broad
cross section of product and vendor reviews on eHam.net.  As a
quantitative rating system it fails miserably, of course, but what I
found really interesting was that the very great majority (as in 80% to
90%)  of the 0's and 1's were given for poor customer service, not bad
products.  People will generally excuse a mediocre or even poor product
if the vendor holds their hand tightly enough, but the one thing that
will almost universally cause customers to swear off buying from that
source ever again is poor customer service.

73,
Dave   AB7E

On 7/19/2012 1:39 PM, Greg wrote:

> I would not hold your breath.  While Tom's antennas may be decent, it
> seems you have to be on some special list to get a response from them.
>   I have tried at least half dozen time to both email addresses and
> never a response.  I gave up and chalk it up to very poor customer
> service and that is not a company I want to do any business with.
>
> 73 and GL
> Greg
> AB7R
>

> On 7/19/12, Ray Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>   I am having problems too, getting a response from Tom.   Natan has been in
>> contact with me and working with Tom to set up my order.  I sent him $350
>> late May via Paypal, but got no response.  I'm not sure he if he is on a
>> trip or what, but was hoping to get his Bravo 7K by Field day to run with
>> my
>> K3.  Others have said he takes some time to process orders.  His web site
>> says his E-mails are running better, but I'm not so sure.
>>
>> --
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: N6BT Antennas

W6ORZ
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: N6BT Antennas

N0AZZ
Yes I also ordered an antenna not the same one and sent several (8) emails
to N6BT all unanswered. I did receive 2 from Natan and the antenna I wanted
totaled over $700.

73,
Fred/N0AZZ
K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

Re: N6BT Antennas

Greg - AB7R
Same here. I emailed for a long time and never an answer until a
friend also emailed him (He already purchased one of his portable
antennas) and then I got a reply.  Just one.  Follow on emails to
order something still received no reply.  I just gave up.  I guess
this is just a hobby for him and not a business.

73
Greg
AB7R

On 4/10/13, Fred Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I also ordered an antenna not the same one and sent several (8) emails
> to N6BT all unanswered. I did receive 2 from Natan and the antenna I wanted
> totaled over $700.
>

> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ
> K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
> P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

Ken Chandler
Interesting this thread has come up, Ive also emailed them with the intension of buying 2 Antenna's for iota this year.
Never got a reply.
Cannot understand these guys who have a good web site, products listed for sale, email addresses etc, and get sod all for our inquiries.

Ken..G0ORH - M3i

Sent from my iPhone 4

CW4EVER

On 10 Apr 2013, at 14:56, Greg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Same here. I emailed for a long time and never an answer until a
friend also emailed him (He already purchased one of his portable
antennas) and then I got a reply.  Just one.  Follow on emails to
order something still received no reply.  I just gave up.  I guess
this is just a hobby for him and not a business.

73
Greg
AB7R

On 4/10/13, Fred Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes I also ordered an antenna not the same one and sent several (8) emails
> to N6BT all unanswered. I did receive 2 from Natan and the antenna I wanted
> totaled over $700.
>

> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ
> K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
> P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II
It works far better to simply call him.  He almost always answers.

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ / J68HZ/ 8P6HK/ ZF2HZ

Owner - Operator
Big Signal Ranch
Staunton, Illinois

email:  [hidden email]

Same here. I emailed for a long time and never an answer until a
friend also emailed him (He already purchased one of his portable
antennas) and then I got a reply.  Just one.  Follow on emails to
order something still received no reply.  I just gave up.  I guess
this is just a hobby for him and not a business.

73
Greg
AB7R

On 4/10/13, Fred Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes I also ordered an antenna not the same one and sent several (8) emails
> to N6BT all unanswered. I did receive 2 from Natan and the antenna I
wanted

> totaled over $700.
>

> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ
> K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
> P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

Dick WIlliams
I have dealt with Tom for many years (when he owned Force 12), and purchased
several monobanders from him.  The one common complaint about Force 12 back
then was exactly the same one that is "rearing it's ugly head" again.  From
my years of dealing with Tom, I found the worst method was email; for some
reason, he was/has/and most likely, never will be efficient with emailing.

What I found (and someone else I saw just posted the same comment), was/is
to use the old fashion telephone (probably the only way) to deal with Tom; I
was always able to get hold of him on the "landline" and conduct business.
Once you "command his attention" (take a "poo poo" in his in basket), he
will ship your order quickly.

Dick K8ZTT

Same here. I emailed for a long time and never an answer until a friend also
emailed him (He already purchased one of his portable
antennas) and then I got a reply.  Just one.  Follow on emails to order
something still received no reply.  I just gave up.  I guess this is just a
hobby for him and not a business.

73
Greg
AB7R

On 4/10/13, Fred Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes I also ordered an antenna not the same one and sent several (8)
> emails to N6BT all unanswered. I did receive 2 from Natan and the
> antenna I
wanted

> totaled over $700.
>

> 73,
> Fred/N0AZZ
> K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
> P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

It's not "just" his lack of response by e-mail - it's his total lack of
any feedback or ability to keep a schedule.  Last fall I ordered a Q51
in September (IIRC) with a note that I needed it at least two weeks
before CQWWSSB - a schedule that Tom had promised in the pre-sale e-mail
- "two to three week lead time" - so I could get it up in time.  The
payment was charged to my credit card immediately - then silence for
week after week - in spite of regular inquiries.  I had to make a "non
delivery" complaint with PayPal in early November.  The antenna showed
up on my doorstep on November 21 (too late for even CQWWCW) just as the
"non delivery" complaint was due to be escalated to a charge back -
without *any* communication from Tom *at all*.

I had hopes that Natan's return to the west coast would improve the
situation but I guess N6BT will continue to be a "unreliable supplier"
- one with whom I will most certainly not do business again.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 4/10/2013 11:22 AM, Dick WIlliams wrote:

> I have dealt with Tom for many years (when he owned Force 12), and purchased
> several monobanders from him.  The one common complaint about Force 12 back
> then was exactly the same one that is "rearing it's ugly head" again.  From
> my years of dealing with Tom, I found the worst method was email; for some
> reason, he was/has/and most likely, never will be efficient with emailing.
>
> What I found (and someone else I saw just posted the same comment), was/is
> to use the old fashion telephone (probably the only way) to deal with Tom; I
> was always able to get hold of him on the "landline" and conduct business.
> Once you "command his attention" (take a "poo poo" in his in basket), he
> will ship your order quickly.
>
> Dick K8ZTT

Re: N6BT Antennas

Scott Manthe-2
Dick,
Tom has posted no phone number publicly, so how exactly are people
supposed to use the landline to reach him? There is also no listing for
him via Switchboard or anywhere else I've been able to find. So, while
the landline might be the ticket for those of you lucky enough to have
his number, that method isn't exactly available to those of us who don't.

Believe it or not, some of us are clever enough to have thought of the
landline independently...

73,
Scott, N9AA

On 4/10/13 11:22 AM, Dick WIlliams wrote:

> I have dealt with Tom for many years (when he owned Force 12), and purchased
> several monobanders from him.  The one common complaint about Force 12 back
> then was exactly the same one that is "rearing it's ugly head" again.  From
> my years of dealing with Tom, I found the worst method was email; for some
> reason, he was/has/and most likely, never will be efficient with emailing.
>
> What I found (and someone else I saw just posted the same comment), was/is
> to use the old fashion telephone (probably the only way) to deal with Tom; I
> was always able to get hold of him on the "landline" and conduct business.
> Once you "command his attention" (take a "poo poo" in his in basket), he
> will ship your order quickly.
>
> Dick K8ZTT

Re: N6BT Antennas

Phillip Lontz
Ya pays yur money...
Ya takes yur chances...

"Respect my authority" Cartman
Member of no Clubs and affiliated with one one.

On Apr 10, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Scott Manthe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dick,
> Tom has posted no phone number publicly, so how exactly are people supposed to use the landline to reach him? There is also no listing for him via Switchboard or anywhere else I've been able to find. So, while the landline might be the ticket for those of you lucky enough to have his number, that method isn't exactly available to those of us who don't.
>
> Believe it or not, some of us are clever enough to have thought of the landline independently...
>
> 73,
> Scott, N9AA
>

> On 4/10/13 11:22 AM, Dick WIlliams wrote:
>> I have dealt with Tom for many years (when he owned Force 12), and purchased
>> several monobanders from him.  The one common complaint about Force 12 back
>> then was exactly the same one that is "rearing it's ugly head" again.  From
>> my years of dealing with Tom, I found the worst method was email; for some
>> reason, he was/has/and most likely, never will be efficient with emailing.
>>
>> What I found (and someone else I saw just posted the same comment), was/is
>> to use the old fashion telephone (probably the only way) to deal with Tom; I
>> was always able to get hold of him on the "landline" and conduct business.
>> Once you "command his attention" (take a "poo poo" in his in basket), he
>> will ship your order quickly.
>>
>> Dick K8ZTT

Re: N6BT Antennas

Jay Kobelin
Having dealt with Force 12 in 2002 with a C31 manufacturing problem on some element to boom clamps they refused to replace (impossible to mount), I would never purchase any products associated with any of their personnel again....what a miserable experience.

Jay

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 10, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Philip Townsend Lontz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ya pays yur money...
> Ya takes yur chances...
>

> "Respect my authority" Cartman
> Member of no Clubs and affiliated with one one.
>

> On Apr 10, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Scott Manthe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dick,
>> Tom has posted no phone number publicly, so how exactly are people supposed to use the landline to reach him? There is also no listing for him via Switchboard or anywhere else I've been able to find. So, while the landline might be the ticket for those of you lucky enough to have his number, that method isn't exactly available to those of us who don't.
>>
>> Believe it or not, some of us are clever enough to have thought of the landline independently...
>>
>> 73,
>> Scott, N9AA
>>

>> On 4/10/13 11:22 AM, Dick WIlliams wrote:
>>> I have dealt with Tom for many years (when he owned Force 12), and purchased
>>> several monobanders from him.  The one common complaint about Force 12 back
>>> then was exactly the same one that is "rearing it's ugly head" again.  From
>>> my years of dealing with Tom, I found the worst method was email; for some
>>> reason, he was/has/and most likely, never will be efficient with emailing.
>>>
>>> What I found (and someone else I saw just posted the same comment), was/is
>>> to use the old fashion telephone (probably the only way) to deal with Tom; I
>>> was always able to get hold of him on the "landline" and conduct business.
>>> Once you "command his attention" (take a "poo poo" in his in basket), he
>>> will ship your order quickly.
>>>
>>> Dick K8ZTT

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: N6BT Antennas

w7aqk
Hi All,

I have to say that N6BT's antenna sales operation is something of a
conundrum.  It seems that just about all I hear is that he doesn't respond
to inquiries, even those wanting to purchase one of his products.  Very
strange!

I have one of Tom's recent creations, the Bravo 7K.  I heard Tom speak at
Yuma last year, and he discussed performance of the Bravo 7K a good bit in
his presentation.  Tom does a lot of antenna design work for DXpeditions,
and this was one that he had very good things to say about.

Most of you know that Tom was the person who started Force 12, and he had
many interesting designs there, including one that I picked up used--the
Sigma 40XK--which is a vertical dipole.  It's somewhat shortened (loaded),
but works very well for me on 40 meters.  It's supposed to be a multi-band
antenna, but changing bands is not easy!

Anyway, when I heard Tom talk about his new Bravo 7K, and later saw it on
display at his sales table, I got pretty interested.  It is extremely
portable, considering it's size, and that really caught my interest.  Tom
calls it a vertical dipole, but it is a variation on the "traditional"
configuration to the point that I don't fully understand how the description
fits.  In any event, changing bands is much easier than on my Sigma 40 XK,
and it sounded like a perfect option for use with my motorhome.

I talked Tom into selling me his display model at Yuma.  Probably a good
thing, since otherwise I might never have gotten an order by mail even
acknowledged!  When I mentioned to Tom that I also had a Sigma 40XK, he said
the Bravo 7K would be equally efficient--maybe better!

My results subsequently don't bear that statement out.  The antenna seems to
work pretty well on 20 and up, but I can't get it to perform anywhere close
to my Sigma 40XK on 40 meters.  So, I've tried, multiple times, to contact
Tom for advice on what I may be doing wrong.  No response!  None!!!!  Very
frustrating and disappointing.

I haven't given up on the Bravo 7K on 40 meters, but I haven't really had
time to try changes and adjustments.  I think the answer may be to just
improve the ground side of the antenna, but it could be that I just don't
have it deployed in the most advantageous way.  The vertical portion of the
antenna is nearly equal to 1/4 wave on 40, so to me it's more like a 1/4
wave vertical.  The neat thing about the antenna is that it does collapse
into a very small package for carrying, and the matching network is fairly
easy to adjust.  I think he even has a version of this antenna whereby you
can remotely make those matching adjustments.  Interesting and innovative,
but not much good if you can't even get him to acknowledge your inquiries!!!

I sure wish he would come out of hiding!

Dave W7AQK

Re: N6BT Antennas

David Gilbert

It's a really, really poor businessman who puts the burden for such
things on his customer.  Nobody should have to "command the attention"
of a responsible vendor to get him to agree to accept your money.

Dave   AB7E