New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks (YouKits)

New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks (YouKits)

John Harper AE5X
But it's not a kit:
http://www.youkits.com/HF2K%202000W%20HF%20amplifier.html

John Harper
http://www.ae5x.com/blog

Re: New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks (YouKits)

juergen piezo

Hi John

Interesting looking AMP, it looks like a direct copy of the OMPOWER
designs. Thats hardly surprising, its Chinese made!

The last thing we need is a another substandard IMD performing tetrode amplifier on the ham bands.

Its bad enough that these tubes are getting hard to get. Being left high and dry like the many TenTec owners with the 4c1600 tube thats impossible too obtain is enough reason to avoid the chinese made FU728 tube.

The crummy signals from these tetrode amplifiers is  also another  not  too buy any of these russian/chinese tetrode amplifiers.

If it was my money I would buy something with a Eimac 8877 or 3cx800 in it. At least you get acceptable IMD performance even from the Chinese copies of these tubes.

73
John

Re: New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks (YouKits)

Edward R Cole
Yep,  after I have the CCI 300w kit running I will build a 8877 for
HF/6m.  I have the advantage ofhaving a spare 8877 and already
running a 8877on 2m so the control panel and HV PS will be
shared.  So all I have to build is the RF compartment.  Love those
triode gg amps.

------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 15:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: juergen <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks (YouKits)
To: [hidden email], John Harper <[hidden email]>
Cc: Elecraft <[hidden email]>

Hi John

Interesting looking AMP, it looks like a direct copy of the OMPOWER
designs. Thats hardly surprising, its Chinese made!

The last thing we need is a another substandard IMD performing
tetrode amplifier on the ham bands.

Its bad enough that these tubes are getting hard to get. Being left
high and dry like the many TenTec owners with the 4c1600 tube thats
impossible too obtain is enough reason to avoid the chinese made FU728 tube.

The crummy signals from these tetrode amplifiers is  also
another  not  too buy any of these russian/chinese tetrode amplifiers.

If it was my money I would buy something with a Eimac 8877 or 3cx800
in it. At least you get acceptable IMD performance even from the
Chinese copies of these tubes.

73
John

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45