New Award ?????

Larry Makoski W2LJ
Looks like we're going to have to come up with a new award category !!!!

Yesterday, I got a letter from Arnold KØZK who holds Century Club Award
#2 and Worked All States Award #6.  Arnold's been busy and at it again!
This time he has worked all 50 states; but this time, all the ops he
worked were fellow Elecrafters !!!

Hmmmmmm ..... I'm going to have to think about this.  Maybe we'll call
it Elecraft² W.A.S.  (Arnold's suggestion)

Whatever we call it, KØZK will have certificate #1.

Anyone have any creative ideas as to what we should call this "new" award ?

73 de Larry W2LJ
Your humble Elecraft awards admin guy

Re: New Award ?????

k6dgw
WAERIAS, pronounced "WEAR-ee-ass"  (Acronyms at NASA had to be
pronouncable, and generally typable with the fingers of one hand --
while the other hand held down the shift key)

Worked All Elecraft Rigs In All States.

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw

Larry Makoski W2LJ wrote:

> Looks like we're going to have to come up with a new award category !!!!
>
> Yesterday, I got a letter from Arnold KØZK who holds Century Club Award
> #2 and Worked All States Award #6.  Arnold's been busy and at it again!
> This time he has worked all 50 states; but this time, all the ops he
> worked were fellow Elecrafters !!!
>
> Hmmmmmm ..... I'm going to have to think about this.  Maybe we'll call
> it Elecraft² W.A.S.  (Arnold's suggestion)
>
> Whatever we call it, KØZK will have certificate #1.
>
> Anyone have any creative ideas as to what we should call this "new" award ?
>
> 73 de Larry W2LJ
> Your humble Elecraft awards admin guy

Re: New Award ?????

Gary Bartlett VE1RGB
Throw in the Canadian Provinces, and you get WEARIAS CANUCKUS, which is how
we all feel up here after digging out from yet another snow storm.

    Gary, VE1RGB
    K2 #2519 & #3223 under two feet of snow

> WAERIAS, pronounced "WEAR-ee-ass"  (Acronyms at NASA had to be
> pronouncable, and generally typable with the fingers of one hand --
> while the other hand held down the shift key)
>
> Worked All Elecraft Rigs In All States.
>
> Fred K6DGW
> Auburn CA CM98lw
>
> Larry Makoski W2LJ wrote:
>>
>> Looks like we're going to have to come up with a new award category !!!!
>>
>> Yesterday, I got a letter from Arnold KØZK who holds Century Club Award
>> #2 and Worked All States Award #6.  Arnold's been busy and at it again!
>> This time he has worked all 50 states; but this time, all the ops he
>> worked were fellow Elecrafters !!!
>>
>> Hmmmmmm ..... I'm going to have to think about this.  Maybe we'll call
>> it Elecraft² W.A.S.  (Arnold's suggestion)
>>
>> Whatever we call it, KØZK will have certificate #1.
>>
>> Anyone have any creative ideas as to what we should call this "new" award
>> ?
>>
>> 73 de Larry W2LJ
>> Your humble Elecraft awards admin guy

>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
>> Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: New Award ?????

Brian Mury-3
On Fri, 2005-21-01 at 21:41 -0400, Gary Bartlett VE1RGB wrote:
> Throw in the Canadian Provinces, and you get WEARIAS CANUCKUS, which is how
> we all feel up here after digging out from yet another snow storm.

+15 degrees in Victoria today, Gary! Not to worry, I'm moving to Halifax
in a couple months, so I'll be there next winter. BTW, I think I met you
at a HARC meeting last summer - I'm the guy who asked you about the
Elecraft rigs after the meeting, because I'd just ordered a K2 the day
before. The K2 is doing great...

On Fri, 2005-21-01 at 16:57 -0800, Fred Jensen wrote:
> (Acronyms at NASA had to be pronouncable, and generally typable with the fingers
>  of one hand -- while the other hand held down the shift key)

NASA keyboards don't have capslock?

--
73, Brian
VE7NGR

Re: New Award ?????

Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy-2
W.A.S.E.L   ??   Or is that sounding a bit alcoholic?

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD