New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

Edward R Cole
Very Nice and a lot cheaper and more portable than most signal
generators.  432.66 is third harmonic of 144.22 and 9th harmonic
falls on 1297.98 (a little high for 1296 but may be usable).  But if
the frequency can be moved by computer control, then very useful.  I
like that it will go down to -107 dBm (my 2m eme threshold is -152
dBm*).  The harmonic energy should be 1/n in level if true to most
devices like a diode.  50ppm implies 144.22 x 50 Hz = 7211 or about 7
KHz at 2m.

*Note: I have two 20-dB and one 30-dB step attenuator so I may be
able to reduce the level for testing at -150 dBm.

The 0dBm level may be strong enough for use with a rotating dipole
for calibrating my 2m-eme dual-polarity receiver channels (about 130
feet of space loss).  I have signal sources for 1296, 1420, and 2401
MHz that runs approx. 0 dBm and are detectable over that range.

Very nice tool, Wayne.  Guess I will have to get one.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

Johnny Siu
Hi Ron,

It seems to me that I have to hand carry quite a lot of Elecraft gears back to
Hong Kong after Dayton.
 TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Ron D'Eau Claire <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ Edward R. Cole <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2011/4/14 (四) 10:37:15 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

Yes, the 12 frequencies selectable from the front panel buttons can be
stored using your computer for stand-alone use, or the computer can
"operate" the XG3, giving you access to any frequency in from 1.5 to 200 MHz
in 1 Hz steps.

Ron AC7AC

Re: New Elecraft product: XG3 All-Band RF Signal Source

David Cutter
Hello Ed

I tried adding further attenuators to a low output sig gen several times in
the past and found that the enclosure leakage was higher than the output
signal.  My solution was to place the sig gen several feet away in a deep
metal housing with very good coax and then use the attenuators at the work
bench.  With remote pc control this might be useful to you.  I'd be
interested to know how you get on.

73

David
G3UNA