New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

wayne burdick
Administrator
If you're within driving range of Monterey, CA, on Saturday, please
stop by RadioFest. We'll have a new product with us at the show that
will be of interest to QRPers, HF Pack ops, or anyone who has an HF to
6-m rig in the 0.5 to 20-watt class. The product will be announced and
described in detail next week.

RadioFest is an annual event. There will be interesting presentations,
exhibitors, and a flea market. I'll be doing a talk at 9 AM, and we'll
have all of our products at our booth.

For further info, see:

    www.radiofest.org

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

David-470
so they finally did it they designed a zero point energy module that will
supply our QRP rigs with an infinite supply of electricity no matter where
on earth we are and we don't need the sun or the wind or pedal power just
the little gray box and we have 12 volts to supply our rigs. no batteries
nothing just this little gray box that never needs recharging can't wait to
get mine

> If you're within driving range of Monterey, CA, on Saturday, please
> stop by RadioFest. We'll have a new product with us at the show that
> will be of interest to QRPers, HF Pack ops, or anyone who has an HF to
> 6-m rig in the 0.5 to 20-watt class. The product will be announced and
> described in detail next week.

Re: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

Trev - K6ESE-2
Oh dog gone it I hate havin' to wait!

73 Trev - K6ESE

> If you're within driving range of Monterey, CA, on Saturday, please
> stop by RadioFest. We'll have a new product with us at the show that
> will be of interest to QRPers, HF Pack ops, or anyone who has an HF to
> 6-m rig in the 0.5 to 20-watt class. The product will be announced and
> described in detail next week.
>
> RadioFest is an annual event. There will be interesting presentations,
> exhibitors, and a flea market. I'll be doing a talk at 9 AM, and we'll
> have all of our products at our booth.
>
> For further info, see:
>
>     www.radiofest.org
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> ---
>
> http://www.elecraft.com

RE: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

Erik Schmidt-4
Darn it, why is it that I just always manage to buy a new gadget the day
before Wayne and the gang unwails a new product. I have a LDG AT-100 pro
coming my way and Wayne is about to give a talk on automatic antenna
tuners....!

Got a Sierra (Only consolation is that Wayne designed it) three days before
the KX-1 was announced.

Erik - OZ1ES

[HFpack] New Elecraft product wild guess

w7aqk

Hi All,

I'm taking a wild guess!  An external autotuner!

Dave W7AQK

http://www.hfpack.com
--
= ALWAYS SNIP, DELETE, or EDIT the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before sending. All messages should be friendly and helpful. Sign your message with your NAME and CALLSIGN.
====HFPACK SATURDAY-SUNDAY NET SCHEDULE=====

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

RE: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest on Saturday

Andrew Moore-4
> Darn it, why is it that I just always manage to buy a new gadget the day
> before Wayne and the gang unwails a new product. I have a LDG AT-100 pro
> coming my way and Wayne is about to give a talk on automatic antenna
> tuners....!

Don't fee bad Erik -- my KX1, K1 *and* K2 all arrived the very day of
his announcement.

Re: [HFpack] New Elecraft product wild guess

mstangelo

...plus a Lithion-Ion rechargable battery to power your rig...

Mike N2MS

http://www.hfpack.com
--
= ALWAYS SNIP, DELETE, or EDIT the ORIGINAL MESSAGE before sending. All messages should be friendly and helpful. Sign your message with your NAME and CALLSIGN.
====HFPACK SATURDAY-SUNDAY NET SCHEDULE=====
1630z and 2230z UTC on 14342.5 kHz USB (Worldwide)
0200z UTC on 5371.5kHz USB (USA)
--
This is a private communication intended only for members of HFpack.
[hidden email]

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links

Re: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest onSaturday

Alan Fryer-2
OK, Left Coasters, what is it ????

> > If you're within driving range of Monterey, CA, on Saturday, please
> > stop by RadioFest. We'll have a new product with us at the show that
> > will be of interest to QRPers, HF Pack ops, or anyone who has an HF to
> > 6-m rig in the 0.5 to 20-watt class. The product will be announced and
> > described in detail next week.
> >
> > RadioFest is an annual event. There will be interesting presentations,
> > exhibitors, and a flea market. I'll be doing a talk at 9 AM, and we'll
> > have all of our products at our booth.
> >
> > For further info, see:
> >
> >     www.radiofest.org
> >
> > 73,
> > Wayne
> > N6KR
> >

> > ---
> >
> > http://www.elecraft.com

> > Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
> > Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com

RE: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFestonSaturday

John [N5BSD]

This is from the HFPack list

<QUOTE>

It is a tuner and was unveiled at the NorCal meeting according to a
posting in the SG-2020 Yahoo Site.   Go here for details:

http://www.norcalqrp.org/mtg2005_02.htm

73
Gene K1NR
</QUOTE>

Scroll down BTW, it is near the bottom

73
- -----------------------------------
John
N5BSD
www.N5BSD.Com
Linux user #286770
Machine # 246511
http://counter.li.org
- ------------------------------------

Re: New Elecraft product to be shown at RadioFest onSaturday

Jack Brindle
Oh, come on. The hamfest ended about 45 minutes ago. BUT, if you have
been paying attention to the list, you have already seen the new
product!

;-) :-) :-)

On Feb 26, 2005, at 2:35 PM, Alan Fryer wrote:

> OK, Left Coasters, what is it ????

>>> Wayne
>>> N6KR
>>>

>>> ---
>>>
>>> http://www.elecraft.com

>>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
>>> Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com

>> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
>> Elecraft web page: http://www.elecraft.com
>>

>> --

-Jack Brindle, W6FB

KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

Andrew Moore-4
Testing my KX1 with internal antenna tuner... When in "tune" mode the
LED says "P0.4" -- does this mean 0.4 watts or 4 watts?

--Andrew, NV1B

RE : KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
0.4W ...

Testing my KX1 with internal antenna tuner... When in "tune" mode the LED
says "P0.4" -- does this mean 0.4 watts or 4 watts?

--Andrew, NV1B

Re: RE : KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

Andrew Moore-4

> 0.4W ...

I was afraid of that -- I recalibrated the tuner with a 50 ohm dummy
load and now it's showing 1.9 W when running on batteries, which sounds
correct.  I will further calibrate when I have access to a known
accurate wattmeter.

Thank you for clarifying.

--Andrew

Re: RE : KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
If you have the Elecraft dummy load, you will be able to connect your
DCmeter and with the simple formula, calculate a good average of your
output. Power meter have always at least 10% error... so with your
meter and the DL, it will be more accurate....

Le 05-03-02, à 17:02, Andrew Moore a écrit :

>> 0.4W ...
>
> I was afraid of that -- I recalibrated the tuner with a 50 ohm dummy
> load and now it's showing 1.9 W when running on batteries, which sounds
> correct.  I will further calibrate when I have access to a known
> accurate wattmeter.
>
> Thank you for clarifying.
>
> --Andrew

RE: RE : KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

Andrew,

That elusive 'known accurate wattmeter' may be a challenge to find -
especially at the power levels you are attempting to measure.  Many (most)
wattmeters spec the accuracy as a percentage of full scale - so if you use
one good for 10% on a 50 watt scale, the error can be as much as 5 watts -
and that is greater than the power that you are trying to measure - not a
good situation.  So even if you do find a wattmeter that is 'known
accurate', it is always prudent to ask "accurate at what power level?".  If
one is dealing with 100 Watts, 10% may be a tolerable accuracy, but at low
power levels, things become more critical on this issue.

May I instead suggest that you use a known 50 ohm resistive dummy load -
they are easy to check with an antenna analyzer (ideally X will equal 0),
along with either an RF Probe or a 'scope.  The RF Probe will read Vrms,
while the 'scope (properly calibrated) will read Vp-p.

The formulas are (Vp-p^2)/8R or (Vrms^2)/R where R is the resistance of your
dummy load.  It is easier than the 'telling of it', and will provide better
accuracy than most wattmeters.

You can call me a 'test equipment skeptic' if you want, but I learned long
ago that trusting test equipment without question will lead you into many
deep traps.

R: RE : KX1 says "PO.4" -- is this 0.4 W or 4 W?

IW3HVB
IMHO you can try with a bolometer, wich is a milliwatt-meter, an some good
attenuators capable of handle the power levels that you are going to use...
An HP432A is a good instrument that you often find on ebay for less than
200,00 USD (thermistor head included).
If You are going to do some serious test this is the right way to do it!
Alternative: find a dear OM near you that operates on microwave (1296 MHz
and up).... He has the instrument for sure....

73 de Giulio IW3HVB

K2 N°4681, now completed with KPA100, KSB2, KNB2 & KDSP2.
--

QUOTE: