[OT] Digest reader recommendation

Mark Kempisty
Going a bit off topic here but should still be relevant.

This is the only e-mail reflector I get in digest format (the others that I subscribe to only have a handful of messages a week so I get those one by one). Reading through the digest gets difficult at times.

Can anyone recommend an e-mail digest reader good for XP and later OS'es? The one or two I've found don't like the format of this digest for some strange reason and are no longer supported.

Take care,
Mark
AA3K

Re: [OT] Digest reader recommendation

Don Wilhelm-4
Mark,

I find the digest format to be cumbersome because you have to sort
through it message by message.  I know of no digest readers.

I prefer to receive individual emails - BUT I have told my email client
(Thunderbird) to put everything with "[Elecraft]" in the subject line
into an "Elecraft" folder in my Inbox - by creating a "Message Filter".
If one does not use a filter, everything flows only to the Inbox, and
yes, that can prove to be overwhelming.

I can glance at the contents of that folder and quickly delete those
emails that are not of interest or keep those that I believe are worthy
of archiving.

On 8/17/2012 8:31 AM, Mark Kempisty wrote:

> Going a bit off topic here but should still be relevant.
>
> This is the only e-mail reflector I get in digest format (the others that I subscribe to only have a handful of messages a week so I get those one by one). Reading through the digest gets difficult at times.
>

> Can anyone recommend an e-mail digest reader good for XP and later OS'es? The one or two I've found don't like the format of this digest for some strange reason and are no longer supported.
>

> Take care,
> Mark
> AA3K

Re: [OT] Digest reader recommendation

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
See the web based digests at www.elecraft.com/elist.html

The mail-archive.com digest has posts listed by subject line in reverse date order. Just click on the ones you want to read. I tend to prefer this reader.

The Nabble archive has both topic and thread views.

Both archives are searchable by key word too.

73,

Eric

www.elecraft.com
_..._

On Aug 17, 2012, at 7:31 AM, Mark Kempisty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Going a bit off topic here but should still be relevant.
>
> This is the only e-mail reflector I get in digest format (the others that I subscribe to only have a handful of messages a week so I get those one by one). Reading through the digest gets difficult at times.
>

> Can anyone recommend an e-mail digest reader good for XP and later OS'es? The one or two I've found don't like the format of this digest for some strange reason and are no longer supported.
>

> Take care,
> Mark
> AA3K

Re: [OT] Digest reader recommendation

David Dietrich
Don Wilhelm is right about filters...I get the individual messages and filtering is the way to go.  Since I don't own a K3, I have all those messages immediately sent to "trash" (sorry) so my inbox isn't overwhelmed.

73,

David
KC9EHQ