OT- HF pactor

Johnny Siu
Hello Group,

I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g. pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.

Could any of you direct me to the right website or information source?

73

Johnny VR2XMC

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!

Re: OT- HF pactor

PA3CW
Hi Johnny,

Check the Winmor protocol which is being developed and tested just for this purpose. If you google you will for sure find the info.
Dick PA3CW

Johnny Siu wrote
Hello Group,

I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g. pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.

Could any of you direct me to the right website or information source?

73

Johnny VR2XMC

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!

Re: OT- HF pactor

KK7P
>> I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g.
>> pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.

In addition to Pactor and Winmor, there is NBEMS.

< URL:http://www.w1hkj.com/NBEMS/ >

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: OT- HF pactor

Jim Campbell-8
Let's not forget Winlink 2000.

Jim - W4BQP

Lyle Johnson wrote:

>>> I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g.
>>> pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.
>>>

> In addition to Pactor and Winmor, there is NBEMS.
>
> < URL:http://www.w1hkj.com/NBEMS/ >
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P

Re: OT- HF pactor

Dave, G4AON
Hello Johnny, Pactor is mostly run via SCS modems which are the only
modems to cater for the higher speed Pactor II and III modes. There are
older modems using Pactor 1, but the main advantage is Pactor only comes
from using PII or PIII modes which are highly resistant to QRM, even
deliberate attempts at jamming are often unsuccessful against it. I
often work a station in Hamburg (around 440 miles away) who runs 5 Watts
to a mobile whip antenna on 80m and we are able to communicate fairly
easily on any evening.

For more information on emergency comms via Pactor see:
http://www.winlink.org/
And for details of SCS modems see: http://www.scs-ptc.com/

A K3 works quite well on Pactor, including PIII

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80
=======================
Hello Group,

I would like to learn more about HF digital mode communication e.g.
pactor.  and the application digital mode in emergency communciation.

Could any of you direct me to the right website or information source?

73

Johnny VR2XMC

Re: OT- HF pactor

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

> Pactor is mostly run via SCS modems which are the only modems
> to cater for the higher speed Pactor II and III modes.

Pactor II and III are proprietary protocols available only with
one product.  Their sole use appears to be for quasi-commercial
operations designed to avoid the tariffs for satellite based
data communications options.

There is no benefit to Pactor II and III for normal AMATEUR
operations and they are major QRM generators often destroying
more than 3 KHz at a time.  I have often observed Pactor II
and Pactor III wipe out the entire 14070-14072 "PSK band" or
the entire "digital" area on 17 Meters due transmitting without
regard for existing users.

Pactor II and III and their operators are a scourge on amateur
radio.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Re: OT- HF pactor

Johnny Siu
Hello Group,

Thanks for all your replies both on and off the list.  This group is amazing.  There are experts who are willing to offer their handing hands in variety of aspects.

Again, thanks to you all.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

寄件人﹕ "Joe Subich, W4TV" <[hidden email]>
收件人﹕ Dave G4AON <[hidden email]>; [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2009/11月/19 (四) 2:37:50 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] OT- HF pactor