OT Help to find rotator part

DaveL  G3TJP
Hi folks.  Apologies for the bandwidth, especially today, but I wonder if
anyone can help me locate a 500 ohm pot that's used for direction indication
in the Yaesu G-400RC rotator?  I've been on a search mission now for quite a
while and have achieved a 100% failure record thus far.  In the instruction
manual for the G-400, it's item 6 in the list of parts on page 14.  The pot
in the rotator is the same as the one in the RC, the round controller.

Maybe there's one in a junkbox somewhere, or a dealer has one lying around?
I'd really be most grateful.

Thanks & 73.  Dave G3TJP

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

Fred Townsend
Dave I am not familiar with the Yaesu brand rotor. If it is like the
American brand rotors (or perhaps made by an American company for Yaesu) the
pot is non-standard. I would check with an Alliance brand repair manual and
see if the parts are similar. Parts for most American rotors are available
online.
73, Fred, AE6QL

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

gm3sek
Dave Lankshear wrote:

>Hi folks.  Apologies for the bandwidth, especially today, but I wonder if
>anyone can help me locate a 500 ohm pot that's used for direction indication
>in the Yaesu G-400RC rotator?  I've been on a search mission now for quite a
>while and have achieved a 100% failure record thus far.  In the instruction
>manual for the G-400, it's item 6 in the list of parts on page 14.  The pot
>in the rotator is the same as the one in the RC, the round controller.
>

>Maybe there's one in a junkbox somewhere, or a dealer has one lying around?
>I'd really be most grateful.
>

>Thanks & 73.  Dave G3TJP

As far as I know, the Yaesu G-400 is the same design as the old Kenpro
KR-400. The same applies to the -600 models. More recently, Yaesu
upgraded these to model numbers ending in -50, but still within the same
family.

All the "RC" ("Round Controller") versions use the same 500R 360 degree
pot in both the rotator and the controller, so this may help you to find
a spare in a listing for some other model.

Many other parts are also shared between different models (but obviously
not all of them, so order with care).

Any of the UK main Yaesu dealers should be able to help you.
Alternatively, try the UK-contest, CDXC or RSGBtech mailing lists
-there's sure to be someone who had to buy one fairly recently.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

N0AZZ
You need to post this on the Yaesu reflector or call Yaesu in CA. and find
out if one is even available in JA. They have always repaired all of my
rotors at Yaesu and I have always had good luck there. If it's very old a
new one may be in order, once you have a Yaesu it's hard to go back to one
of the US made ones I have found just a better rotor.

73,

Fred/N0AZZ

Hi folks.  Apologies for the bandwidth, especially today, but I wonder if
anyone can help me locate a 500 ohm pot that's used for direction indication
in the Yaesu G-400RC rotator?  I've been on a search mission now for quite a
while and have achieved a 100% failure record thus far.  In the instruction
manual for the G-400, it's item 6 in the list of parts on page 14.  The pot
in the rotator is the same as the one in the RC, the round controller.

Maybe there's one in a junkbox somewhere, or a dealer has one lying around?
I'd really be most grateful.

Thanks & 73.  Dave G3TJP

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Dave,

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but did you contact Yaesu North America and
see if they would sell you the pot you're looking for?  The contact info is
on their web site.

73,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA EM74ua
[hidden email]
K3 #281, P3 #688
HRD v5.x/6.0 Test Team

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Dave Lankshear <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks.  Apologies for the bandwidth, especially today, but I wonder if
> anyone can help me locate a 500 ohm pot that's used for direction
> indication
> in the Yaesu G-400RC rotator?  I've been on a search mission now for quite
> while and have achieved a 100% failure record thus far.  In the instruction
> manual for the G-400, it's item 6 in the list of parts on page 14.  The pot
> in the rotator is the same as the one in the RC, the round controller.
>

> Maybe there's one in a junkbox somewhere, or a dealer has one lying around?
> I'd really be most grateful.
>

> Thanks & 73.  Dave G3TJP

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

DaveL  G3TJP
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, on and off reflector.  I tried to
be brief in my OT, but maybe I should have said I'd already tried Yaesu.

I contacted various Yaesus and the UK one confirmed they had no stocks and
the pots in later rotators were incompatible.  Following their suggestions
for sources was unsuccessful.

Kenpro and Yaesu are almost the same, but not quite.  The controllers and
rotators are interchangeable but Yaesu improved the Kenpro pot, hence the
desire for a Yaesu one.

Please keep looking and putting in the suggestions.

Grateful thanks and 73

Dave G3TJP

Re: OT Help to find rotator part

Simon Lewis-6

try UKW Bereichte in Germany

they are on the web

http://www.stecker-shop.net/

in german so unless you are familar with it you may have to hunt a bit

look under products - rotators etc

you can email them [hidden email]

they maybe have what your looking for

Rgds