OT JT65 and Spot Collector in DXLab

Kjeld Holm
Dear experts,

I am new to JT65 and my primary interest in JT65 is to get some of my
missing DXCC entities on especially 40 and 80m. Any advises?

And my question: Is it possible to get data from
http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php or any source like that into Spot
Collector in DXLab?

I already have had a few QSOs using JT65 on 20m to destinations and at times
that would not be possible with other modes - but no new ones.

Best regards

OZ1CCM Kjeld

Re: OT JT65 and Spot Collector in DXLab

Jim Brown-10
On 4/18/2012 1:37 AM, Kjeld Holm wrote:
> And my question: Is it possible to get data from
> http://jt65.w6cqz.org/receptions.php  or any source like that into Spot
> Collector in DXLab?

Wrong reflector.  Try asking on the DXLab reflector.  The author of the
DXLab software is quite active there, and he's quite responsive to user
requests.  Join the reflector from the DXLab website.  Since about the
first of the year I've been running JT65 almost every night on 160M.

73, Jim K9YC

Re: OT JT65 and Spot Collector in DXLab

k5oai
Maybe a bit OT as you say, but I think I have an answer for you Kjeld.

The program you want is called JT-Alerts. It will interact with DXLabs Spot Collector to do what you want.
It will also interact with many different logging programs, checking if a state/dx/grid is needed. Then, if you wish, it will activate audio alerts when the 'wanted' station sends a cq or even if it is decoded as sending info in another QSO.

The software can be found here: http://www.ham-apps.com/

I agree JT65 is an amazing low power mode for dxing.

From West Texas, on 20m this week, I managed ZS2EC -22db/-22db and YB8EXL -17db/-18db
Running 20w from my K3 into a 7' tall Hi-Q 6/160 screwdriver vertical antenna,
with 16 radials each 13' long at 20' above ground on the 2nd floor roof of my apartment building.

(-24db is the weakest signal I have ever seen decode with the JT65-hf software)

73 & GB
K5OAI
Sam