P3 SVGA reset and frame freeze, anyone else?

P3 SVGA reset and frame freeze, anyone else?

Bill Hammond
I have been experiencing frequent display resets and frame freezing on my P3 with SVGA adapter.  I am running the latest firmware (1.16) loaded with the new utility.  Have I just got a bad example or are others experiencing these issues?  It all started with the addition of the SVGA option.
The PS screen  does a momentary flash and the SVGA screen looses all the waterfall.  The freeze stops the curser on the P3 for a few seconds while I change frequency with the main (A) VFO.  The curser eventually catches up with a jump.  It is a bit unnerving in the latest pile-ups for Yemen and Somalia.  :)

Bill Hammond
[hidden email]
Bill Hammond-AK5X
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
K3 #69
P3 #817
KPA500 # 149
K2/100 #4637
K1 #2033
KX1 #1023
T1

Re: P3 SVGA reset and frame freeze, anyone else?

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Bill,

There is a known P3/SVGA slowdown around 150 KHz span width.   You mention that you are using 1.16 firmware in the P3, what is the firmware version of the SVGA?   (there are two separate pieces of firmware needed).   You may need to upgrade your P3 utility to the latest revision (1.12.4.26) which is available at http://www.elecraft.com/software/P3/elecraft_p3_software.htm

If you're still having trouble, please email me directly, my email address is pauls at elecraft.com and include your phone number and a good time to call.

73,

Paul

Bill Hammond wrote
[...]

Alan Bloom
There currently is an issue where the display update gets sluggish when
the span is set near 150 kHz.  Could that be it?

Alan N1AL

On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 09:01 -0500, Bill Hammond wrote:

> I have been experiencing frequent display resets and frame freezing on
> my P3 with SVGA adapter.  I am running the latest firmware (1.16)
> loaded with the new utility.  Have I just got a bad example or are
> others experiencing these issues?  It all started with the addition of
> the SVGA option.
> The PS screen  does a momentary flash and the SVGA screen looses all
> the waterfall.  The freeze stops the curser on the P3 for a few
> seconds while I change frequency with the main (A) VFO.  The curser
> eventually catches up with a jump.  It is a bit unnerving in the
> latest pile-ups for Yemen and Somalia.  :)
>
> Bill Hammond
> [hidden email]
> Bill Hammond-AK5X
> [hidden email]
> [hidden email]
> K3 #69
> P3 #817
> KPA500 # 149
> K2/100 #4637
> K1 #2033
> KX1 #1023
> T1

Re: P3 SVGA reset and frame freeze, anyone else?

John Ragle
My P3/K3/100 is on abt 24/7 ... I have observed no such behavior.

John Ragle -- W1ZI