P3: new unit no workee

Ralph Parker
New P3, assembled last night.
Basic display is Ok - IF information from K3 gets to P3.
Freq. info does not get from the K3 to the P3 (not displayed on center of
screen or at MKR A:).
Unable to switch to 'fixed-tune'.
Freq. info does not pass through the P3 from K3 to logging program (via
microHam).
However, freq. info does pass from K3 to logging program if P3 power is off.
Re-examination of cables inside P3 shows all OK.

I assume that the default menu functions should produce a working display.
I need Fred's book.
Meanwhile, any suggestions?

Ralph, VE7XF

Re: P3: new unit no workee

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

> Freq. info does not pass through the P3 from K3 to logging program
> (via microHam).
> However, freq. info does pass from K3 to logging program if P3 power
> is off. Re-examination of cables inside P3 shows all OK.

Set the K3, P3, microHAM interface and your logger all for 38,400 bps.

The P3 sets (forces) data rate between it and the K3 to 38,400 and
defaults to 38,200 for data rate to the interface/logging software.
While you *can* use other speeds by setting the P3 "RS232" menu to
a different speed, operation an speeds other than 38,400 has shown
to be unreliable.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 5/3/2012 4:34 PM, Ralph Parker wrote:

> New P3, assembled last night.
> Basic display is Ok - IF information from K3 gets to P3.
> Freq. info does not get from the K3 to the P3 (not displayed on center of
> screen or at MKR A:).
> Unable to switch to 'fixed-tune'.
> Freq. info does not pass through the P3 from K3 to logging program (via
> microHam).
> However, freq. info does pass from K3 to logging program if P3 power is off.
> Re-examination of cables inside P3 shows all OK.
>
> I assume that the default menu functions should produce a working display.
> I need Fred's book.
> Meanwhile, any suggestions?
>
> Ralph, VE7XF

Re: P3: new unit no workee

Alan Bloom
The P3 is supposed to auto-baud the K3 to figure out what baud rate it
is using and then reset it to 38,400 automatically.  However autobaud
was broken in P3 firmware versions 1.06 through 1.13.  Either upgrade to
1.15 or later or manually set the K3 to 38400 in the "RS232" config
menu.

Alan N1AL