P3 question

bobgarceau
The screen on my P3 has a center freq. of for example 28.050 and range
readings in the left corner is -50. and right corner is +50.

How do I get the minus and plus readings to read actual frequencies? Like
28.000 and 28.100?

Bob, W1EQ

Re: P3 question

Cady, Fred
Hi Bob,
To get that display, you need to be in Fixed-Tune display mode. When it
shows +- frequencies, it is in Tracking mode. Tap Menu, select FixTrack,
and tap the knob to toggle between the two displays. I have one of the
function keys set up to do that but I rarely use Tracking mode,
preferring the Fixed-Tune display.
73,
Fred

Fred Cady
Fcady at ke7x.com
"The Elecraft K3: Design, Configuration and Operation"

Re: P3 question

bobgarceau
Got it. Thanks to all.
Bob W1EQ

Fcady at ke7x.com
"The Elecraft K3: Design, Configuration and Operation"

Re: P3 question

w7ij
Turn tracking mode off.

Re: P3 question

Bob Cunnings NW8L
The answer is found in the Rev B P3 manual on pages 18 and 19, it
varies by tuning mode. In "tracking" mode the right and left labels
display frequencies "in terms of their offset
from the center", and in "fixed-tune" mode they are "actual RF
frequencies that correspond to the left and right edges of the
display, rather than the frequency
offsets from the center."

Bob NW8L

>The screen on my P3 has a center freq. of for example 28.050 and range
>readings in the left corner is -50. and right corner is +5
>

>How do I get the minus and plus readings to read actual frequencies? Like
>28.000 and 28.100?
>

>Bob, W1EQ

Re: P3 question

bobgarceau
Thanks to everyone who answered my request.

I'm in the fixed tune mode display....

W1EQ

Fcady at ke7x.com