P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB? (frame grabber...)

P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB? (frame grabber...)

John Ragle
Jan...

     Your post is a very interesting one. Thank you! It looks to me like
the hard step will be "windowing" the frame that has been "grabbed."
Since you have obviously been following the P3SVGA thread, you know of
my interest in a windowed version of the P3 output. Many others have
written me privately (probably so as not to antagonize Elecraft), very
interested in the same idea. I already run 2 monitors (17", 24") on my
desk, so adding a 3rd one, dedicated *solely* to the P3, is not really a
comfortable option. Please keep me (us) abreast of this idea...

John Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB? (frame grabber...)

M0XDF
My only problem with a dedicated screen is no room for anything really large, but I might be able to get something around 15" behind the K3.
I already have a 24" iMac (personal) and two 19" screens (business connected to PC) on my desk and can't figure out how I could get more desk space...

hmmm, a thought, switch the lounge and the study - hmmm station manager needs a BIG xmas present :-)

I too will be interested in developments around this idea.

73 de M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108, KX3 #???)
Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year with good DX

--
The ostrich roams the great Sahara. Its mouth is wide, its neck is narra.
It has such long and lofty legs, I'm glad it sits to lay its eggs.

On 19 Dec 2011, at 12:25, John Ragle wrote:

> Jan...
>
>     Your post is a very interesting one. Thank you! It looks to me like
> the hard step will be "windowing" the frame that has been "grabbed."
> Since you have obviously been following the P3SVGA thread, you know of
> my interest in a windowed version of the P3 output. Many others have
> written me privately (probably so as not to antagonize Elecraft), very
> interested in the same idea. I already run 2 monitors (17", 24") on my
> desk, so adding a 3rd one, dedicated *solely* to the P3, is not really a
> comfortable option. Please keep me (us) abreast of this idea...

Re: P3SVGA signal as a separate window with VGA2USB? (frame grabber...)

David Gilbert

I'm pretty sure most frame grabbers are supplied with their own software
to do just that.  I think the bigger issue would be what kind of screen
resolution you'd end up with.  You'd need one with essentially HDTV quality.

Dave   AB7E