Positioning of KPA 500 with K3

Robert Sands
Just finished building KPA 500 SN 846 without a hitch. Great experience! I
recall that the transformer field makes it less advisable to place the
amplifier to the LEFT of the K3. Is this true? Handles would abut as well.
May have to rearrange shack.So is it necessary to place the KPA 500 to the
RIGHT of the P3?
Bob
K7VO

Robert Sands
K7VO
Olympia, WA

Re: Positioning of KPA 500 with K3

Dick Dievendorff
The KPA500 transformer uses a toroid core, which reduces the external
magnetic field.

The P3's display is an LCD, not a CRT that might more likely be influenced
by magnetic fields.

Place the amplifier and P3 as you find convenient.

73 de Dick, K6KR

Re: Positioning of KPA 500 with K3

N5GE-2

Arangement here from left to right:
KPA500-P3-K3
I did not install the KPA500 handle and will remove the K3 handle next time I
have it on the bench.  I have another K3 that I take with me when I need it away
from home.  It has the handle installed.

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE
ARRL Lifetime Member
QCWA Lifetime Member

"Farmers rotate crops to keep their land strong.
Voters can keep THEIR LAND STRONG by rotating
politicians at the ballot box each term."
-- Otis Mukinfus --
http://www.otismukinfus.com