Re: [Elecraft_K3] KAT500 update

wayne burdick
Administrator
I have a full-color illustration showing how the reworked front/rear
panels (supporting the third antenna jack) will look when they come in
in a few weeks.

I'll see about posting that.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:39 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> When will the KAT500 be available for purchase. Do you have any
> documentation?
>
> 73,
>
> Mike N2MS

Re: [Elecraft_K3] KAT500 update; interface

Rick WA6NHC
Wayne,

Not to distract you from your work (which we want to you to finish), but can
you discuss the plans for interfacing the KAT500 into the K line?

Will it share a currently used serial chain or ACC port?
Will it be controllable via the K3 panel?  Including all antenna switching?
Will the interface allow the tuner to be an antenna analyzer when connected
to a computer?  (THAT would be HUGE.)

Yes, I now presume a certain level of robustness and elegance.  Elecraft has
caused me to expect that in the K line.  I fully admit I'm spoiled.  ;-)

My um, observation is that the K line has reached the point that computer
management (or remote ops) will be far more complex.  The current
management/remote software (except perhaps 'Remote Rig') is well behind the
curve, but should eventually catch up.  Tying as much as possible together
(into one serial port) would go a long way in simplifying management; just
as full control (including amp on/standby; all antenna switching) from the
panel of the K3 would keep it all simple.

Thank you,

Rick WA6NHC

Re: [Elecraft_K3] KAT500 update

Sebastian, W4AS
While cleaning up old emails, I came across this.  Have the illustrations been posted?

Looking forward for more information.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

On Dec 7, 2011, at 8:45 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> I have a full-color illustration showing how the reworked front/rear
> panels (supporting the third antenna jack) will look when they come in
> in a few weeks.
>
> I'll see about posting that.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:39 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Wayne,
>>
>> When will the KAT500 be available for purchase. Do you have any
>> documentation?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Mike N2MS

Jim Sheldon
Haven't seen them, but they have updated the proposed ship date to March-April 2012 on the KPA500 web page.

> While cleaning up old emails, I came across this.  Have the
> illustrations been posted?
>
> Looking forward for more information.
>
> 73 de Sebastian, W4AS
>

> On Dec 7, 2011, at 8:45 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
>
>> I have a full-color illustration showing how the reworked
>> front/rear
>> panels (supporting the third antenna jack) will look when they
>> come in
>> in a few weeks.
>>
>> I'll see about posting that.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>

>> On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:39 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> Wayne,
>>>
>>> When will the KAT500 be available for purchase. Do you have any
>>> documentation?
>>>
>>> 73,
>>>
>>> Mike N2MS

>>> Wayne