Re: KX-3 PTO tuning

dlrwild1
Will Elecraft improve the feel and drag of the main tuning PTO knob on the
new KX-3? I hope they will increase the smoothness of the knob. I find the
rubbing of the felt washer a little noisy and annoying. I hope they put that
on our "wish list".

Bob Wilderman, K3SRO

Re: KX-3 PTO tuning

John Ragle
Bob...

I don't believe the knob connects to a PTO...it is probably just a
rotation sensor. But more to the point, I have had both a K2 and a K3,
and in both cases the main tuning (and the B tuning) has been absolutely
as smooth as velvet with no noise whatever. I think something is wrong
at your installation.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====

On 6/2/2011 11:32 AM, Linda and Bob wrote:
> Will Elecraft improve the feel and drag of the main tuning PTO knob on the
> new KX-3? I hope they will increase the smoothness of the knob. I find the
> rubbing of the felt washer a little noisy and annoying. I hope they put that
> on our "wish list".
>
> Bob Wilderman, K3SRO

Re: PTO tuning

Ken G Kopp

Bob,

Both my K2 and K3's tuning knobs are the proverbial
":smooth as silk".  Could yours have peen pushed
against the front panel excessively hard as the set
 screws were tightened?  It's a "tricky" operation and
might require several attempts to get it "just right"..

It's not important to the matter at hand, but the shaft
turns an encoder, not a PTO.

73! Ken - K0PP