Re: KX3 Deposits etc. UpCharge?

Bill K9YEQ
Could we order more than one and sell for an upcharge?  Like some car models
in high demand.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

Re: KX3 Deposits etc. UpCharge?

k6dgw
On 7/30/2011 3:32 PM, Bill K9YEQ wrote:
> Could we order more than one and sell for an upcharge?  Like some car models
> in high demand.

Bill, given this group, you could get a place on the list and then sell
*the place*.  If serial numbers were absolutely sequential, an earlier
slot on the list should be worth more than a later slot.  It sort of
resembles commodity futures?

OK, never let a retired engineer dabble in economics.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

Re: KX3 Deposits etc. UpCharge?

Tony Estep
On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ....If serial numbers were absolutely sequential, an earlier
> slot on the list should be worth more than a later slot.  It sort of
> resembles commodity futures?.....
>
> ==============
Well, not commodity futures. That's a different topic. However, selling
one's place in line in a purchaser queue happens in lots of economic
situations, including high-stakes games like wireless spectrum allocation.
Here's a link to a paper from an economics journal on ticket scalping, which
is similar:

http://www.eui.eu/Personal/Courty/Pub/JEP.pdf

Tony KT0NY

--
http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

Re: KX3 Deposits etc. UpCharge?

Ken G Kopp

Some of us will go to considerable length to
obtain gear with S/N relationships that only
make sense to us. (:-)

73! Ken - K0PP
K2 #56 65
K3 #56
P3 #56
But Rose says I can't buy K3 # 56 65, due out "soon" (:-(

Re: KX3 Deposits etc. UpCharge?

Dave KK7SS
>> From: "Ken - K0PP" <[hidden email]>
>> But Rose says I can't buy K3 # 56 65, due out "soon" (:-(

Rose! Rose! Where's your sense of gravitas??
Think of the poor boys' sense of self worth..!

--
Dave G  KK7SS
 Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000 - working on it..