Re: New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks

Edward R Cole
If it were in the hands of the consumer and Americans had seen  the
"light"?  But unless you are the CEO or on the BOD of these
manufacturing companies, the decision was made for profits and the
consumer was not consulted.  Its too late.  Try to buy something at
the stores of America that are not mfd somewhere else?   Nearly
everything we bring home from the store is marked made in Chine these days.

So Elecraft numbers amongst the (few) exceptions (in many ways).

I try to do my part by producing "made by KL7UW" ;-)

73, Ed

------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:20:47 +1000
From: Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks
         (YouKits)(PetrOurednik)
To: eric manning <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]

Eric,

Yep, future generations will most likely blame us for not trying harder.

Although I am obviously not in the US now, I have spent some 15 years living
and working in the US (had my own business for 7 years) and I am very
impressed with Elecraft products.

The amazing thing about Elecraft is not so much their technology, which is
top shelf, but their commitment to their customer base and their total
support of all their products, old and new. I have been scratching my head
for some time trying to think of a company in Australia, in any area of
manufacturing that enjoys the level of customer appreciation that Elecraft
receives from it's customers and I am afraid I have come up short, yet
again.

When I first read about Elecraft I was stunned to find out that not only
were they a US company, but all design and manufacturing is actually done IN
the US. We all know about components etc, but to manufacture their products
in the US really surprised me.

No more rice boxes for me...Grin

73's

Gary

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks

John Harper AE5X
For now, at least.

With the PM-Power and YouKits amps looking identical to each other and
extremely similar to one of the highly respected Alpha amps, and with
clones increasing in sophistication - from DVD's, Rolex's, etc - to HF amp
& other radio gear...is it a fair bet that we might one day see an
imported "Elekraft" K3 or a Ken Would TS2000, etc?

The more successful a company is, the more desirable they are to clone.

John Harper
http://www.ae5x.com/blog

>Nearly
>everything we bring home from the store is marked made in Chine these days.
>
>So Elecraft numbers amongst the (few) exceptions (in many ways).

Re: New 2KW amp from the HB1A folks [END of thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
We certainly appreciate the support of everyone, but let's end this OT
thread for now.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft List Modulator
-----